Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 22.5.0 Error with linking proxies

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Since updateding to Premiere 22.5.0 I get a red proxy logo (instead of blue) next to each video plus this error message. (see below)

Proxies are somehow no longer compatible. 

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 16.54.13.png

When I come to do the final export, I get black frames that appear which aren't in the edit. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Ollie 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

So in the end the same error occurred on the old laptop. I rebuilt the project on the M1 laptop and didn't use any proxies, that fixed the issue. 

Thanks for you assistance Kevin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Fixed it by loading the project from my 2nd backed up media on a different hard disk with no proxies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message I get indicating the black frame insertion. 

Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 11.44.54.png

The lesson here is, don't update before you finish a project BUT(!) in my defence, when I tried to launch premiere, it said reinstalltion needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have rolled back to the previous version of Premiere, and I'm now getting the same issue with the black frames when exporting. Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, olllieelmes,

Very frustrating. What is the source footage? Looks like some .mxf wrapped H.264. Is that correct? What format are the proxies using? Is your footage located on an external drive? I hope I can help. You might try transcoding some source footage to ProRes as a test.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for your help. 

So I found a work around.... loading up the exact same project on my old laptop (!) so it would suggest that the issue is my new M1 Mac. 

To answer your questions, yes the files are mxf video files shot in XAVC-L format. The footage is all stored on an external drive. The proxy files are H264. 

I found some videos on line fixing the exact same problem by changing the renderer in Premiere but this doesn't seem to be an option with the M1, so I loaded up the project on my old Mid 2014 Mac Book Pro with CUDA graphics card and it worked fine. 

Seems there might be a few bugs with Premiere and the M1 Macs. 

Thanks, 

Ollie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for reporting on this bug, and sorry for the frustration. I have a similar Mac, but I do not have footage examples to test with, so I am not seeing your issue. I will see if engineering has any sample media that is XAVC-L. If I can reproduce your problem, I can file a bug internally. If you have a clip to share, please do so, and I can use that and forward it to engineering for inspection.

You can file a bug on UserVoice or upvote a similar bug, like this one, too: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39394747-optimize-ppro-for-...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the end the same error occurred on the old laptop. I rebuilt the project on the M1 laptop and didn't use any proxies, that fixed the issue. 

Thanks for you assistance Kevin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't work in the long term. It's strange, it's ok initially and then 30 mins later I start getting the red exclamation error messages. I'm going to copy the entire project to my laptop and see if that makes a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if it works out on the laptop.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it by loading the project from my 2nd backed up media on a different hard disk with no proxies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines