Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 22 is a disaster

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 2022 from 2020 recently.

What a [disaster]. None of the annoying bugs seem to fixed with a whole lot more added in for good measure with some useless features.

Waveforms are broken/wrong/flickery
The new project/export menu is horrendous
The project loading progress bar is gone
CFA generation bar gone
MTS support appears to be sometimes broken - completely wrong audio/video in places
having issues on smooth playback with 4k prores
Morph cut still takes an aeon to analyse
The new colour management interpret setting doesn't follow the project onto a different machine
Text tool is crazy slow on a 4K timeline
X-AVC off a Sony FX6 drops frames all over the place and performance is shocking
Stepping back and forward by a frame - shows the wrong frame while it catches up
Still using the nasty h264 encoder rather than x264
Flickery cursor artifacting on timeline during playback
Creative cloud still oftens thinks that the computer I am using is another added machine so asks me to sign it out

General playback performance is bad, even though the footage is coming off a 7000MB/s NVME drive and I'm using literally the fastest consumer CPU intel make.

New colour management is a cool beta feature if you don't plan on switching between machines, but you can't add the input colour space if it isn't detected from the file. Also having it on by default means older projects open up looking crazy, double LUTs. There needs to be a global way to turn it on and off.

Really embarassing overall.

Win11, i9 12900, Vega 64, WD SN850 NVME

[Edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tashi.hope,

Sorry for all the issues. I'm Kevin from support. This forum is primarily a user-to-user forum with little interaction from the product team. Apologies. For complaints, what we have is User Voice. To address your issues, the product team prefers that you write up a single bug for each of your complaints. To save time, you could upvote on your problems as others may be experiencing the same frustration that you were having.

The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.
Incorrect waveform for file
High quality x264 encoder

etc.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new project start/import "page" was never intended to be used by experienced users. It's simply a replacement of the cache/etc option locations on the old dialog box with an import process for simple projects & new users.

So use the new import page EXACTLY like you used the old new project dialog.

Type a Project name.

Set a Location.

Click "Create".

Just the first time, make sure nothing is starred/selected in the center section, nor "blue" selected in the right section. Those are sticky, so do it once, never pay attention to that page again.

And setup your projects exactly like you always have done in the Project Panel and Media Browser panels.

Export ... yea, that's annoying! But can be made less so.

First ... you can always simply skip that by hitting the "Send to MediaEncoder" option, and in Me, the old dialog is used.

Second ... IF you take some time and set the up, it's less time-sucking to use.

Start by going through and un-starring EVERY preset.

Then make new presets for EVERY option you will typically use. Make detailed ones, with all the 'lower' section options set also. If sometimes you need a different set of options for the same format/codec, make a separate preset.

Obviously, name them precisely.

Once you've done that, which may take up to an hour ... you can use this Export process pretty quickly.

And the performance issues you're having ... well, one commonality of the latest versions seems to be that predicting performance by hardware/codecs is simply not ... logical.

Some M1 users are screaming along beautifully, others with the same kit and media/workflow are screaming at their machines.

Same on PCs.

So as Kevin says, post each issue by itself. We'll all see if we can help.

Fwiw, on my 24-core Ryzen, 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, eight internal SSDs, I'm getting the fastest performance I've ever had. Same on my four-year old Acer Predator/Triton laptop.

And others with similar gear ... aren't getting so good! What the ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's really interesting is that on the same machine I am running a Big Sur hackintosh and the playback performance is far superior, even though the GPU benchmarks are worse than in windows. This has been a pattern for years and was the same with my last machine, maybe adobe has dropped the ball on OpenCL in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines