• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere 23 or 23.1 not working on 2019 Intel MacBookPro on Ventura 13.0 or 13.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been encountering major problems with Premiere.

The software has updated without my consent to 23.0 (!!!!) and messed everything up.

I am no longer able to work, my project created under Premiere 22.6.3 is useless under 23 and 23.1.

The worst thing being that ALL my auto-saved files claim to have been created by a newer version of Premiere when I try to launch them in 22.6.3, which I have reverted to. 

At least Premiere works again on my Mac, but my latest project is doomed.

I will try and find an M1 Mac and copy my project files onto there and see what happends when I can get my hands on such a machine. 

This is unacceptable, for I have not prompted Premiere to update to a fawlty version.

My 60 bucks-a-month subscription is just about ready to leave Adobe's accounts.

Oh, and yes, I have run the Apple Diagnostic, which turned out fine, I have uninstalled my Creative Cloud apps, I have run the Adobe Cleaner, and reinstalled Premiere 23.0 then 23.1.

On a Ventura 13.0.1 clean install. 

Nothing worked and I had to revert to 22.6.3 to be able to edit again.

But again, my previous project (and its auto-saved files) are stuck in 23.0/23.1 limbo.

Any tips or hopes of a future update correcting this mess ?

My machine's specs :

MacBook Pro 2019

2,4 GHz Intel 8-Core i9 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 Go
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo

64 Go 2667 MHz DDR4

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue. I just got a new MacBook pro. Installed PremierePro I added videos from my iphones and i get no playback. It shows like is playing but the frame don't move and no sound.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
promo
COLLABORATION TIPS

Powerful video collaboration and approval features newly integrated in Premiere Pro