• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 24.5 has to re-render every time I open the project - why?

Participant ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to version 24.5 of Premiere and I'm encountering a bug.  I don't know if it's because of the new version or something else, but every time I re-open the project, everything needs to be rendered again.

I'm currently working on a timeline that's more than an hour long, and there are portions of it that have significant effects.  I rendered everything on the timeline for my first cut after I updated, and everything seemed fine, although the clips took several hours to render.  I'm now going back into the project for fine cuts, and every time I've re-opened the project, the bar is red again and I have to re-render the same clips.  This is a big time waster.  Any troubleshooting suggestions, or is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

This is not something I've experienced previously, and my settings haven't changed from the previous version.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend going to Settings > Timeline and turning off "Restore open sequences when opening projects." This will give Premiere more time to load previews for your sequences.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines