• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere adding "phantom" keyframes?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Premiere novice, to say the least, but I know enough to put together some halfway decent pieces.

I'm currently toying with motion, position and scaling, and I'm having some trouble reigning Premiere in.

Hypothetical situation:

Say I want to move a graphic from an X position of 100 to 200. I set a starting keyframe at 100 and an ending keyframe at 200. Easy enough, and this usuaully works fine. Now, to give it a little "life" I add in another keyframe between those two and closer to the 200 keyframe that is 215. So, it'll go to 215 and kinda bounce back to 200. Here's where Premiere starts dropping in the "phantom" keyframes. It doesn't add ACTUAL keyframes, but it will drop in positions for the graphic way outside of the keyframes I set up. like add in a position of 230 between the 215 and 200 keyframes.

Obviously, that totally screws up the animation aimed for. I'm assuming Premiere is trying to do some sort of easing or something, but it's just making things worse.

Any ideas how I can prevent this? Thanks!

2017-03-23 10.12.41.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot reporoduce.

Might want to set the Spatial interpolation keyframes to Linear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Where do I set that? Is that a global setting or per clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Still doesn't work. Blows right past the most extreme position I set and then bounces back. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screendump of the Effect Controls and the keyframes and the Program monitor with wireframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here's what it's doing.

I hadn't noticed this before, but if I tab over to my last keyframe, it says it's set to 965, but the position of the graphic is way to the left of that. Just a notch past the actual keyframe still says 965, but it's in the right place. You can see the problem takes place at position 3. That's where it arbitrarily goes past the most extreme keyframe I set in position 2. Then it finally gets back to "home" (965) in the final position.
It's even worse if the Spatial Interpolation is set to Auto Bezier. It goes all the way past the "p".

Effects_Mon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent screendumps, pity the keyframes are not highlighted under the cti to read the values.

Position and scaling can sometimes do odd things.

Do the scaling, nest, the add the position.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. If you click the image and download it, you can view it full size and read all the values at each keyframe/head position.
As mentioned, I am a novice. I have no idea how to nest the scaling and then do positioning (wish I did). 😕

I have "made it work," so the problem is more or less solved. I just had to add extra keyframes to pull the graphics back where I wanted them. Just an odd issue to deal with.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you ever resolve this? Anyone? I've been having this issue with Pr for years.. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines