• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere always running terrible for me. Proxies, SSDs, 3080... Junk performance

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There, 

Im bald, but would be pulling my hair out.

High spec machine, and terrible performance, must be missing something, but no idea what it is. Proxies, play for 2 seconds then hang (sound continues), the orginals are also real shakey. Just deleted the whole suite and put em on a new drive and still poopy performance. GPU turned on in settings.  

5800x 

64 ram

windows 10 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got several bins open, try closing some. With the old "stand alone" project setup, Pr can overload itself with metadata in RAM/cache. Closing a few bins can at times help with laggy behavior.

Which is why I left stand-alones behind a couple years ago even in my small one-person operation. Production mode means that:

• All my b-roll is available for all projects
  • all my sound library is available for all projects
  • any templates or such of sequences & whatever are available for use in any other project
  • I never have duplicate assets from using in many other projects
  • I don't get the slowdowns of stand-alone operation.

It would be nice if stand-alone work didn't bog down as it can. But as a practical matter, in Production mode you get away from that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Neil 

Thanks for the fast response. Appreciate it! Ill dig in and see what the difference is, I am still pretty novice so am unsure exactly how to use 'production mode'. Ill dig a bit online. 

thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's some links for you. Their "Long form" pdf is the best guide Adobe's put out yet.

Neil

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines