• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere and AVCHD

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Premiere Pro so bad with AVCHD?

I am consistently running into problems. Longer AVCHD files lose their audio. No peak files are generated. I clear the cache and it works for a while, and then the audio goes away again. I have had some video clips play audio from other clips.

I import through the Media Browser, but that doesn't seem to help, especially with longer clips.

There are no shortage of YouTube videos on workarounds. But why should users have to go through these extra steps?!?

Is there a workflow that actually works with AVCHD in Premire Pro, especially with longer files? Or do you just have to convert all of your files first?

AVCHD files in Premiere Pro have been problematic for as long as I've been using it (2016). There are a lot of cameras that use this format (for better or for worse). What's the deal with Adobe's inability or unwillingness to fix these issues?!? iMovie can handle these files. Why can't Premiere?

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe @Fergus H might be of assistance ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines