• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere and Media Encoder keep freezing on export/encoding

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest versions of both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder on a M1 Mac Mini. I'm encoding using the standard YouTube 2160 4K setting. Each and every time - in both apps - the video encode process freezes and grinds everything in macos to a halt. The spot at which it freezes is always different.

Here's what I've tried:

* Wiping Adobe CC from the mini using the Adobe cleaner utility. I then reinstalled everything.

* Emptying the media cache.

* Launching both apps natively and with "open in Rosetta" checked.

* Creating a new project, importing the old project into it.

* Copying/pasting everything from my sequence timeline to a new sequence timeline.

Nothing seems to help. Any ideas out there?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tod,

Great job on troubleshooting.

To continue, see if it's happening in a new project that contains Bars and Tone (no external media). What are the details (frame rate, frame size, format/codec) and source of the footage?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the official reply. I'm not sure what's changed or how I got this resolved, but I'm not experiencing this issue anymore. I tried all kinds of things, and *something* must have worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines