• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere bugs - uninstalled / reinstalled now it wont launch! in the middle of a job! urgent!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! i had an issue last week with prem not letting me move items in bins - i reset the prefs and it was fine but same today - ditched prefs and no change so unintalled and reiinstalled now it wont launch - it gets to the new project window and even if i start a new project it comnes up with serious error / send report!
Im on a dealine - any help would be great!

Mac - 10.15.7
latest prem

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey olly wade,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the crash. Could you share your crash reports with us? Here's how: https://youtu.be/GdvLm4cfKc0?t=53 Please share the screenshot of the error message and let us know when exactly you see it. Also, please confirm if the version of Premiere Pro that you're using is 22.6.2.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there

here are the crash logs - the error was just the standard report crash box - no actual error box...

I ended up having to update to the latest os - reinstall latest premiere and even then i had to open prem with an empty project then open my project that would crash - all seems ok now! I HOPE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there so...
i had an issue where i couldnt drag anything in my bins IE drag a sequence to an "OLD EDITS" bin - also cant delete anything from the effetcs tab by selecting and pressing backspace on keyboard - i had to right click and select clear.

It was suggested i clear the prefs - this owrked for a bit then the same issues rose up.

Then yesterday i updated cmy OS to the latest and re installed prem 22.6.2 (cos it wouldnt open my projects anymore)

all going fine but now i cant move items in Bins or delete effects...

I'm up agasint a big deadline so i'll work though it for now but has anyone else got this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, olly,

Sorry. If you create a new project, does it exhibit the same problem? If not, your project is probably corrupt, which happens from time to time. Check your Auto Save folder for a recent backup. You can also try importing the older project's assets into a brand new project. See if either option might work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin
Yup that looks like the issue 🙂
I opened a new project and copied in the content of the old one and it seems to be working fine now 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope its doing it again! and started doing it on another project from a seperate job i started a few weeks ago...

weird and very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Olly. It sounds like you have a corrupt project. Do you have any other backup project files? You can also contact us here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Kevin
thats what i thought too and your suggesttion of making a new project and copying in the content did work for a day then it started again... then thismorinring i was making some changes from a job a done a few weeks ago and that startyed doing the not dragging thing too! very odd. 

i have another odd adobe thing thats been going on for a while with after efects where no matter what project i open its default save, render output and import location is a job i did at the begining of the year. `

its all a bit strange and not even halloween yet. spooky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Olly,

Are there any projects in your Auto Save folder that could be salvaged?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines