• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 - Toolbar and timeline cursor not responding

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue on several of my brand new machines running Premiere CC 2018 in my lab.  We load clips into a new sequence and the cursor and the toolbar become unresponsive.  We can still scroll in the project window and the rest of of the windows are functioning as well.  To me, this indicated that the program was not locked up, it was just in issue with the sequence window.  It doesn't happen on every project, but when it does, it stops us from being able to edit.

I was not able to find a solution online or from my conversations with tech support.   I think I've stumbled on the solution by accident today, and I wanted to share it with anyone else that has had this problem.

Solution: Simply reset the workspace.  Right-click on the Editing workspace and "Reset to Saved Layout".  Everything came back.  I've found I have to do this several times in a project that has this problem, but it seems to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

@lukek84431915 wrote:

Solution: Simply reset the workspace.  Right-click on the Editing workspace and "Reset to Saved Layout".  Everything came back.  I've found I have to do this several times in a project that has this problem, but it seems to work.

Thanks, Luke. Sorry for the headaches.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS NOT WORKING! WTF ADOBE! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Did you try the OP's solution, Devon? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lukek84431915 wrote:

Thanks, Luke. Sorry for the headaches.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this! Initially, I thought its something to do with my Graphics card. Workspace reset solved the problem! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines