• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC HDV audio buzz

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been capturing a large batch of miniDV tapes using my old Canon HV20 as the deck, connected to my old tower via firewire 800.

Capturing DV tapes works great, no issues. However, as soon as I switch the capture settings to HDV, there is this horrible buzzing sound that occurs. I've attempted to swap back and forth from DV to HDV and the sound remains, soemtimes quiet, sometimes piercingly loud. I attempted to capture regardless and while the video managed to capture, zero audio appears in the file.

Funny enough, when I switch to DV, I can hear the audio just fine, but a big black screen plays for the video.

Any ideas to what is going on here? I've attempted using multiple firewire cables, cleaning the heads/ports and still the same results. I just want to finish digitizing all of these tapes and this one bug is a giant obstacle in my way. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RobPanico 

Since your question is about Premiere, I have moved this from the Using the Community forum (for questions about the forums) where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I captured several tapes only a few weeks ago with a HV20 but I have firewire 400 and no issues.

Are your tapes DV or HDV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both. The DV tapes captured just fine, but the HDV tapes cannot capture because when I set the capture mode to HDV, audio is buzzing even without playing back the tape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any cordless devices near the HV20 or its cables?

You might be getting feedback.

Also try different cables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attempted different cables and there are no wireless devices nearby, I've even powered off the wifi reciver in my Mac tower, still there is a buzzing when setting the capture mode ot HDV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the HV20 on battery power or are you using the adapter?

If using the adapter, try using battery power and unplug the adapter from the outlet and camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same result, the buzzing is consistent even while idle and not capturing. Only happens with I switch to HDV capture settings. DV audio is just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using this

HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the audio hardware input in the Preferences set to none.

Did you try settings DV/HDV device control Options in the capture window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines