• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere color corrections in source file are not rendered when eported through the Media Encoder

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title already describes, color adjustments via Lumetri Color in the source file are not applied when exporting via the Media Encoder. The problem exists since the last update.

My used system:
Macbook Pro - M1 Pro - MacOS 12.5.1
Premiere Pro version 22.6.2

I hope the bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the poor experience. I am able to properly export the source color corrections from Media Encoder. Let us know the exact version of Media Encoder that you are using. Also, is this happening while exporting in any specific format or is it with all of them?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply. 

I am using Media Encoder in version 22.6 

And there are LUTs included in this process. I've added them in the creative tab as usual. I didn't had these problems before. The LUTs shouldn't be the issue, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That ... depends.

If those are LUTs you've added to the program/package files/PremierePro/Lumetri folder tree, or ... if you have added LUTs to the Creative tab in that program folder tree ... then the behavior you're getting is entirely expected.

Users should NEVER add LUTs in with the ones the come with the programs. They access those folders by 'relative' place in the folder, not by LUT name. And Me has it's own set, expected to identically match those in Pr and Ae. If you add one in Pr, but not Me, then ... Me will use the say '14th LUT" in it's folder, which ain't the same one as in the Pr folder.

So ... if you've added LUTs to the Pr program files, that's the problem. And the fix is easy ... use this location instead:

Program-Package Folder/Adobe/Common/LUTs ... and use a Basic folder for LUTs for the Basic tab, a Creative folder for LUTs for the Creative tab, and an Input folder for LUTs for the color management process.

Those will be accessed by name, so changing LUT won't hurt anything as long as the right LUT is still there. And Me and Ae will look there also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. You deserve the "Expert"-Batch for sure. 

I'll try this tomorrow and I will never use the old method again. 

Thank you very much for sharing the right way to use LUTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be very confusing. and it's an area where if you don't somewhere find out how to place LUTs so they work as you expect, you get nailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ITNRG,

Sorry. LUT failure involves LUTs not being located in the expected directory. See this FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-premiere-pro-lumetri-color-custom-lut-di...

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any LUTs involved in this, especially ones you have created or acquired?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines