Exit

Premiere crash 22.3.1

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very important work to do 
but premiere decides that it's time to stop 
it literally crashes after 20 seconds of opening it while just moving through the timeline 
I did not try to export! and I tried all solutions available on adobe SC nothing is working! 
tried older versions too but no luck with that too it still crash 
what to do? 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these solutions 😞 It did not work unfortunately it still freezes around 15 seconds of starting it! 
the weird thing is if  I just play the video I'm editing and the video keeps playing but everything else freezes? like I cant click on anything, the sound bars are stuck but the video is still moving and I can hear the audio from the video working normally when I try to click somewhere or change something it shows me the not responding window, and the things crash... 
here's some info about my PC 
My PC specs :
- R7 3700X 
- RX 5600XT 
- 32Gb Ram
- Premiere is installed on an SSD and it's nowhere near full 
- I have 3 drives on this Pc 2 SSD SATA and 1 HDD 
- Running Windows 10 Pro (OS build: 19043.1645 - Ver: 21H1)
- No error messages showing up, except the (not responding) after I click on anything on the program after it crashes 
- Everything was working perfectly before the latest Premiere update 

- Even if  I just hit the spacebar and let the video play it will crash (Video is nothing too heavy 1920x1080 30fps) 
- I tried multiple projects, but the problem occurred on all of them 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a video with the issue (please lower your audio volume before watching)
https://youtu.be/dJgu9pKoJjk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an error message?  If so, exactly what does it say?

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no error message whatsoever! 
it just freezes and after 5 minutes of clicking around it shows the not responding window 

My PC specs :
- R7 3700X 
- Rx5600XT
- 32Gb Ram
- premiere is installed on an SSD and its not no where near full 
- I have 3 drives on this Pc 2 SSD SATA and 1 HDD 
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue this morning.

I have been working on a project for weeks and this morning I am supposed to export to proof to a client and Premier just keeps crashing every time I open it.

I have tried creating a new document or opening other small documents but everytime I select one or create a new one i just get the spinning ball of death and eventuall taks manager says the program is not responding.

I have tried all of the suggestions and even tried installing an oldeer version but no matter what I do I cant even open a simple file.

This is such a huge problem for me now I really need some help to get this working asap. Hope someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines