• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Crashes on Display & Audio Device Changes

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, it seemed Premiere defaulted back to 20 mins auto-saves so I lost 15 mins of work. I have submitted the crash report but obviously, no one looks at it. So it looks like Premiere crashes every time an audio or display device changes. For example, if I turn on/off my Bluetooth headphones, it crashes, if the may monitor goes to sleep or turns off, it crashes. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jamesprismallviking,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere are you currently using? Could you share your crash logs here? Are you using any third-party plugins? Also, please share your system specifications (OS, OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM). Let us know. We're here to help!

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ishan,

Currently on 22.4 because I was having issues with 22.5. Please find the crash logs here. 

System Specs: PC/Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.79 GHz, 128 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm just found out the problem was some plugins with help from this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

• NewTek_Import_SpeedHQ.prm
  • NewTek_NDI_Transmit.prm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

Turns out this was not the fix, it was just lucky timing that the - issues still occurs and I'm now getting another major problem all to do with File Explorer. I'd like to point out that this sometimes happens, sometimes works, but mostly doesn't. Whenever I try to capture a still, or when I open up file explorer to Export a project, it will often hang and eventually get to Not Responding, then losing all my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This shouldn't be happening. Sorry about that. Could you check if you have any crash logs at OS:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\22.0\logs? The UXP logs might not be helpful for your case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines