PREMIERE Crashes on Quit/AE Linking/Encoder Queue

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - feeling pretty defeated as I've had this problem for about six months and have posted before with no response here. I've tried uninstalling every Adobe product and reinstalling and also using the CC Cleaner tool and nothing has worked. Ready to just cancel my membership honestly.

My problem is Adobe Premiere freezes every time I choose Replace with AfterEffects Composition, It successfully throws it to AE and the composition is created, but if I go back to Premiere it is spinning wheel of death time and I have to Force Quit. It started doing this when I did an update (to v15 maybe?) about six months back. I also updated to Big Sur around that time. It also freezes EVERY time I quit Premiere normally, and gives me the option to "Send Report" which I do everytime in the hopes that someone will fix this bug. It also crashes EVERY TIME I try to Queue a project in Media Encoder. I've just gotten used to Exporting without entering a queue.

Please help. Thank you.

Details:

Premiere Pro Version 18.4.1

Media Encoder Version 15.4.1

After Effects Version 18.4.1

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

iMac Late 2015

Memory 32 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?