• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes when dragging clips to timeline

Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either from a bin or the source window, Premiere crashes everytime I try to put a clip on a timeline.  I can't work!

Resetting preferences or workspaces doesn't do anything.  Deleteing media cache will be a huge problem.  This project has over 15 TBs of media.  

Premiere 2022.4 and Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, working in a Production with 3 other editors.  I'm the only one with this problem.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon!

Sorry about the crash. Do you see any error codes or messages? Have you considered updating OS? On a mac, GPU updates along with OS.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue.  It's also happening on a different computer (Mac Studio) wit the latest Premiere and Mac OS.  There are no error messages.  The second I try to put somethign on the timeline, I get the spinnig beachball of doom.  I am able to use F9/F10 but that's not the way I work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any movement on figuring this out?  It's still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue using PP 22.5 build 62 on Mac M1 Max, Monterey.

No error messages.

Is there a stable version you'd recommend?

Please advise (on deadline with no alternatives at present)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be happening every 30 minutes and coinciding when dragging to timelime. Working with 4k/MXF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bang on 30 minutes - crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue! 
I drag and as soon as the file is dragged over timeline it starts spinning.

Any luck?? Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a permissions error to me! Like Premiere thinks it isn't allowed to access your Finder/File Explorer to edit the clips. 

Few easy things to try first (if you haven't already!)

Reset Preferences

Clear Cache (if you can) 

If that doesn't work, try using Premiere on a fresh user account. This will tell us for sure whether or not it's a permissions error. Here's how to create a new user account on your machine:

Mac

PC

If launching from a fresh user account allows you to add to the timeline, we need to repair the permissions for your the user account you prefer to use!

On a PC, you can right-click on Premiere and select "Run as Administrator." Easy as that!

On a Mac, you can try using Disk Utility

Definitely let us know if it's still giving you a hard time after all this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this?  None of this worked and it's happening on a completely different computer with a different Adobe account.

Why am I paying for something that doesn't work.  I'm tempted more and more every day to cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the exact same issue on my account 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting preferences works, but the second i go back to "all panels" the problem happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. I cleared the media cache and everything else that people suggested. It's driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS OUT OF EXCITEMENT BECAUSE I FOUND A SOLUTION, FRIENDS. Uninstall the current version of Premiere Pro that you have and install an early version. That's it. No one on the Adobe suggested that for some reason and I've been dealing with this issue for days now. Happy editing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So which version are you on now? I am on 22.5 and wondering if I should go back further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines