Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere doesn't read audio on portion of clip

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

So I am in the middle of delivery of a project, and all of a sudden premiere is not playing back audio on portion of one clip in my timeline. Since I worked on it yesterday, nothing has changed, I closed the project and opened again to find half the clips in my timeline not playing audio. The waveform is there, the audio mixer is not the issue, no clips or audio trakcs are muted. Original audio is there, VLC plays it fine. WTF premiere???

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

OK, so the only working solution is to recode the source file in Media Encoder and relink that. Although a simple fix, it's really quite stupid that Premiere does that. It's one of those issues that can disturb the workflow a lot. Especially in my case where I am delivering files for a TV news programmes and deadlines can't be missed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piecloud,

Sorry for the weird behavior. If you have a sample clip to share, I'd be happy to look at it. Whenever I experience strange behavior like that, I delete the media cache and let it rebuild. If it still isn't working, you can try resetting preferences.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the problem persists, and this doesn't help much. Helps somehow, but it keeps coming back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it made it worse and now premiere doesn't read the clip's audio at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you load the same clip into Source panel, does it play audio?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it plays only part of the audio, but this problem persists in a way that it always manifests after I quit and restart the project. Once I have edited the clip and come back to it the next day, I can't hear the audio of the bits that I edited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try setting Input to None in Audio Hardware settings.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help. Not sure how it would help, since the issue is with a piece of footage, not audio recorded directly into premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so the only working solution is to recode the source file in Media Encoder and relink that. Although a simple fix, it's really quite stupid that Premiere does that. It's one of those issues that can disturb the workflow a lot. Especially in my case where I am delivering files for a TV news programmes and deadlines can't be missed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really weird...

Have you had this problem for long? is it just the 2022 version?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Past couple of months, and the updated or deleting the settings didn't help.

This is really stupid, now the problem persists where adobe just randomly replaces the audio for some clips. I am having massive problems with a client now too becasue of this. God forbid I don't listen through the entire timeline before export, otherwise me of the client might find more surprises like this. Guess I have to move over to DaVinci from there onwards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, you're still having trouble, Piecloud. Do you have a source file available that I can pass along to the engineers? If not, can you run the file through Media Info (freeware) in tree view? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines