Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Eating Mac Memory - Generating Swap Files - Help Kevin Monahan/ Ann Bens!

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a long haul documentary where the main project was first started in PPro2014.

Once updates allowed PPro to have multiple projects open at the same time (CC2017), the main project (a very heavy180mb) was broken apart to create 4 lightweight seperate projects - one for each character of the film. I did this by importing each characters timeline from PPro2014 into a new CC2017 project.

The trouble has been that 'one' of the projects keeps generating 'Swap Files' until the Macbook runs out of memory and has to be restarted.

I read a post here last year (can't find it now) where others were experiencing the same 'Memory Leak' issue and Kevin Monahan surmised towards the end of that thread that the Memory Leak issue could have something to do with a bug in projects that were created in OLDER versions on PPro and could then be carried forward into updated versions of PPro.

I have tried importing the troublesome project into a new project in CC2020 but the bug is still there. Reset preferences/ deleted cache etc and the issue persists.

I haven't yet deleted all the effects that have been applied to the material in the affected project.

The only non native plugins I use are:

Boris Continuum Complete 12.0

FilmConvertPro2.1

Magic Bullet

Can anyone please suggest a FIX?

2013 Macbook Pro - Mojave 14.2

PPro 2020 14.7
ProRes Files

Thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?