- Dust & scratches;
- Grid;
- Bucket Paint;
- Set Matte;

- Leave Color;
- Replicate;
- Echo;
- Posterize Time.

When will the acceleration in these effects be implemented??? How much longer to wait? a year? two? three? Who is responsible for the development of this direction? 

I wrote on the forum 2 years ago about these effects. And we see two/three effects per update or after several updates.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Hi Baffy,

Thanks for the feature request.

When will the acceleration in these effects be implemented???

This a user-to-user forum. Questions like this cannot be answered here, to be honest. As I've told you in the past, please make all feature requests here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of them are in the Obsolete folder.

I would like to see nr two and three accelerated though.

Edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baffy,

Thanks for the feature request.

When will the acceleration in these effects be implemented???

This a user-to-user forum. Questions like this cannot be answered here, to be honest. As I've told you in the past, please make all feature requests here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted elsewhere, all effects in the Obsolete bin are no longer updated, and will disappear sometime. So for those, users need to use something else.

As to the rest, the teams have internal plans which are never shared with the users. Adobe's lawyers are very hard on not giving out any "potential" changes due to issues of being a publicly traded company and not wanting to be seen as affecting stock prices. Whatever. So the teams cannot share that by very strictly enforced company policy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean disappear??? Are you kidding??? I use them to create a visual component. What will Adobe do next???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effects in the Obsolete bin are assumed by the team to be either

• there's a new effect to replace the functionality or
  • too few use this to make it worth keeping.

Yea, some users do disagree ... for me, I like one of the noise/grain effects they've put in Obsolete because it gives you more options for setting the look of the grain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use all the effects there in projects. What the hell is going on. Then, we are waiting for updated performance effects. You can't do without many here. I don't know about you Neil, but personally I use most of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then hit the UserVoice for each & every one you use, with details of why that specific effect is needed and others available can't replace the function. And make comments while including the links here and elsewhere, is your best shot of maybe getting something updated ... maybe ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A WASTE OF TIME )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal opinion, yes, fact ... no. Perfectly understandable as an opinion.

Of course no one's every wish is gonna get done. But I've a bit more experience with their inner workings than you and most other users, and yes, that UserVoice is important as part of the metrics that the M&E people use to make decisions.

If you want something changed, and you don't post and push for others to vote on a U-V post ... you're simply leaving out one major part of the process of metric gathering the M&E people do. Making your want less likely.

That's the only place we users can have direct input into the metrics.

No, I'm not the biggest fan of their system, which is a "polite understatement" for public consumption. But it is the system in place. Ignore it, then forget about trying to get any change done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact is that many people do not consider this to be somehow important and essential in the creative process, because they forget about it. But as soon as something happens from what I'm talking about, then everyone writes: "Wow, how this was missed. Now everything is so simple and fast." You understand that to convince someone to vote on the forum, it's necessary to kick everyone's ass and poke their nose into it. Therefore, if you write, then few people will be interested in it at this stage and will just pass by. And then they'll say WOW. I very much doubt that these are unimportant effects for creating creative content. I doubt it very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines