• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Extract not working (but Lift is)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today, I am unable to use the Extract shortcut in Premiere Pro (v 23.1) on my Windows 11. My timeline is not set to audio frames. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and all the video/audio layers involved are selected. I tested on a single audio/video footage and the problem remains. I can Lift, but not Extract.

- Please advise. Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't get to try this. Randomly works now. I guess I had to walk away from the computer and come back? Weird. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded and same issue. I note that not only did the shortcut not work, hovering over the extract icon in the Program GUI didn't reveal the shortcut either as it usually would.  After trashing the preferences as per the post directions, it still would not extract with the ' and hovering over the GUI for extract showed a paranthetic (BACKSPACE) which when keyed performs a lift (of course). After this, it went back to having no shortcut on the GUI and extract ' still does not work. I might try to reinstall, but it's pretty unusual. Pressing the GUI button works, but let's just say I'm not keen on playing that game on any given day....as we have a lot of systems here to manage I'm hoping its just a 'me' thing...anyone else seeing this?

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.2364
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will directly fix (or answer) the issue, but I had a relapse in the issue. I realized that (BACKSPACE) became the default Extract and I had to go into: Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts OR Ctrl+Alt+K. This allowed me to reassign (') as Extract and it hasn't given me an issue since.

- I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds reasonable for an individual user but I'm working in a teaching lab at a University, and the file management of user preferences in this kind of environment may mean that this would then need to be fixed on a per seat per login basis, given where this element of data sits in the overall scheme of things going down a version is a lot less futzing...it's on my tech team's radar for testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere Pro 22.6.2 (build 2) I cannot get the Lift or Extract keys to work. I have re-mapped the keys and tried new view settings and sequences. This is frustrating and a basic editing need.  Has this been fixed yet?  I am coming from many years on Avid Media Composer and this is really bad.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Lift or Extract keys to work.

By @Documentary_Filmmaker

Have you toggled V1 and A1? If not, neither Lift or Exrtact will work.

Averdahl_0-1680545977387.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having this problem now. Tried resetting presets and restarting. Nothing's working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines