• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere (for Teams) Render Preview Issue - Proxy Workflow - Timelines going continually Red

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

+1,000 bonus points to anyone who figures this out, I will try to make this post clear and efficient.  Computer specs atached below.

- We are cutting a feature length documentary film in Adobe Premiere for Teams.

- 265 days of footage, over 30,000 assets in the project, yes I know wer're running it at limit.

- We ingesteed everything initially as source footage and generated proxies during that workflow.

- All proxies are store seperately on a proxy raid, they have the same folder structure as source drives, they have the same names as all source media with an additional "_proxy" at the end

- All proxies were made as 1080p ProRes 422 LT

- Source drives are never connected to any edit machine, pure proxy workflow

- There are a total of 5 users with access to the project file, each has a mirrored proxy raid

- We initially built the project in Adobe Premiere 2022 in February of 2022.

- We in December were having significat issues publishing and receiving changes, long load times (30+ mins), multiple crashes per day (with 30+min load times to get back in) and so we decided to migrate the project to Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 as we were losing of 50 hours per week of work time across the team.

- I made a copy of the project file (project file that we copied from is safe, never converted to 2023)

- Boom, project opens in less than 10 minutes, changes go up and down in less than 3 mins, HUGE! There's a but...

- Now in the 2023 version, all editors have red over all their sequences.  Everyone is running computers that are spec'd out to the point that this should never happen while editing 1080p ProRes 422 LT proxies that do not have any motion, color, or add'l fx added.  It's universal across Mac Studios, Max'd out M1 Max MBP's, and PC.

- I got suspiciopus and started with the basics-

- Media cache deleted, nothing

- Trash preferences, nothing

- Uninvite and reinvite to the project, nothing 

- Delete and reinstall premiere, nothing

Until...

- Go into Team Project Settings and MOVE the video capture, audio capture, video render, audio render, and creative library folders to a new location, and ALSO change their render option from software only (only on the non M1 Mac's, btw that's a crazy default) to hardware acceleration.

- It asked would I like to delete all existing previews files in those folders and I clicked yes, and BOOM! Yes, finally finally finally, we have liftoff.  Everyone did this and received the same effect, premiere running 10x faster, scrubbing footage like it should, and less crashes, faster upload and download of changes from the cloud.

BUT...

- Now 3 days later it continues to seemingly randomly (sometime mid edit, sometimes upon restarting premiere) revert back to it's red lines above.

- I do the same thing again, just move the location for each of those folders to a new folder (and accept deleting the old previews) and voila, again problem fixed.

- This continues to work and I continue to do it but I do not like problems that I cannot fix at the root.  It feels like Im cutting the weed rather than pulling it's roots.

I have another few questions but for the time being, this is the first that I would like to tackle and fix and anyone's input or solutions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NOTE: The red lines are new in PP2023, it never happened in 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines