• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere gets wrong audio when I import new versions of them.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I will try to explain my problem as best as I can.
We have a Projekt where we have become new audios for it.
The audios have the same name and I believe that this confuses Premiere and imports the old Audios or some completely random, instead of the new ones.
I delete cache and it works for a bit, but then I get after some minutes the same problem.
Should I just normally try to name all the audios differently? Did someone had the same problem?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

This used to happen to me on old XDcam footage. All the files were named C0001.mxf, C0002.mxf, etc. When Premiere conforms those files, they get stored in the cache. Months later I'd be working with a different set of XD discs with the same names, and suddenly footage on my timeline would be shorter or longer than the clips themselves. Turned out that Premiere was referencing these old cache files with the same name in regards to the length of the clip. Clearing the cache resolved my issue.

(I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian, 

This sounds strange. I understand you're importing a files in Premiere Pro but audio playback does not meet the original file.

Does it happen with any specific file format?

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! they are mp3 so there it shouldn't be the problem...
I reset the projekt with just the new audios and there is no problem, so it must be just premiere confusing the old/new audios and storing them in cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a sample file with us? We'd like to test it at our end.

-Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I just normally try to name all the audios differently?

By @Christian Mourelle

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This used to happen to me on old XDcam footage. All the files were named C0001.mxf, C0002.mxf, etc. When Premiere conforms those files, they get stored in the cache. Months later I'd be working with a different set of XD discs with the same names, and suddenly footage on my timeline would be shorter or longer than the clips themselves. Turned out that Premiere was referencing these old cache files with the same name in regards to the length of the clip. Clearing the cache resolved my issue.

(I posted about this back in 2018) https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/best-practices-media-cache-or-maybe-i-m-just-old/m-p/978...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines