• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere halts when exporting

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using premiere to edit videos for my YouTube channel for around a year and a half now. Recently, I upgraded my computer from a i7 msi with 8gb of memory to an Asus Vivobook with 16gb of memory. Since the change I’ve experienced some problems with premiere.

First of all, sometimes the viewer panel freezes and all I can do is restart the whole application, however that problem is secondary. The main problem is that now, whenever I try to export any composition with some kind of complexity the process frozes after a while and it doesn’t continue. I have also tried using media encoder but it doesn’t work either.

Any advice on how to work through this??

Some extra info in case it helps:

Source Media spec: .mp4, FullHD, 60fps, video 3478 kbps, audio 192 kbps, 48000kHz (base videos recorded by me through OBS with a Canon Reflex camera or a Logitech webcam brio stream 4k)

.mov, FullHD, 25fps, video 21335 kbps, audio 1566kbps, 48000kHz (different additions and decorations I create through AfterEffects and include in my videos).

I use the 22.5.0 (62nd compilation) version of Premiere Pro

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

RAM installed 16,0 GB (15,7 GB available)

I believe to have the latest drivers as my computer is only a couple of months old, my graphics unit driver is the Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics, version 27.20.100.9749

When exporting halts you can pretty much use the whole system but you can see through the administrator that Premiere (or Media encoder) is using quite a bit of the CPU and of RAM. Moreover, if I try to cancel the process the whole application blocks, turns white, and windows announces a problem has happened giving you the option to close it or just wait

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one hard drive, a SSD of almost 500gb and it has 163gb of free space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Better transcode videos recorded with OBS or Logitech cameras using Handbrake (handbrake.fr)

to Constant Frame Rate, since variable frame rate videos are not much compatible with Premiere Pro.

There were also conflicting issues with previous versions of Premiere Pro as I remember, tied

specifically to OBS system files and Logitech drivers.

I don't think Intel Iris Graphics are enough and they do not fully meet system requirements for the 

current version of Premiere Pro.

You can also consider resetting Premiere Pro Preferences concerning screen freezing and turning to white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines