• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere ignores selected tracks and only pastes video to V1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my selected shots in one timeline and I'm trying to cut+paste into the main timeline. Premiere only pastes to the first track even when it's deselected and the higher tracks are selected. Never seen this issue before and can't figure out why it's happening. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Nvm I figured it out immediately after posting even though I struggled with it for a couple hours prior to posting. For anyone with this issue, premiere updated the keyboard shortcuts for ctrl+v. The new default will "paste to same track". Go into keyboard shortcuts, search for "paste to same track" and delete that useless shortcut. Don't have to make a new one. It will work normally again after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm I figured it out immediately after posting even though I struggled with it for a couple hours prior to posting. For anyone with this issue, premiere updated the keyboard shortcuts for ctrl+v. The new default will "paste to same track". Go into keyboard shortcuts, search for "paste to same track" and delete that useless shortcut. Don't have to make a new one. It will work normally again after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This stumped me for quite a while. I suppose for some this is convneient, but changing something as fundamental as Ctrl+V seems to merit a usability popup in the app to say, "Hey, we've changed this."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! it worked. removed ctrl+v keyboard shortcut, "paste to same track"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for figuring this out. It was driving me crazy!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Mod note: Edited for content. This is a user to user forum. File a feature request to interact with the dev team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines