Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere is broken

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 15.4.1, purchased on Windows 10. Ever since maybe a month ago, Premiere has been running terribly. I'll be editing a video, then, out of nowhere, I can't resume the video. If I click the resume button, it doesn't change, and the preview panel doesn't either. The only solution I found for it is just closing Premiere and opening it again (I actually have to use Task Manager to close it, since it won't close on its own). I thought this was the only problem, and decided that I could live with it. Then, when I tried to export a finished video, it took 4 tries to even open media encoder (via Premiere. Had to click the "Media" button under "Export" four times), and when I finally got to it, and tried exporting, it rendered all audio preview files, and started exporting, and got stuck at 1%. The estimated time of completion slowly rose, from 3 minutes, to 1 hour and 42 minutes. After that, it stayed that way for 10 minutes. So I can't edit for more than 10 minutes without having to kill Premiere, and I can't even export when I finish. I have tried uninstalling Premiere, I have tried clearing cache files, and I even tried resetting my computer to factory settings. The problem still occurs. The rest of my computer runs perfectly fine. It just seems that Adobe Apps run awfully (this same problem happens to After Effects aswell). The computer I am using is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with an Intel Core i5, Intel Iris XE graphics, and 8gb of RAM. Can someone please help me with this?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many possibilities to know where even to begin. What kind of footage are you using and where from? Phone, Camera, etc... HD, 4k, etc.

Your machine is at the bare minimum on memory, and no doubt the rest of it. Adobe recommends 16gb of memory for HD content and 32gb for 4k. Check the requirements here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage is from OBS, recorded in 1080p, mov file. And, I've used a worse computer on premiere before, long term as well. Didn't run well at all, but I never came across this bug on it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we see many people with issues with screen recordings which are usually caused by variable frame rate.  However, you can record with OBS with a constant frame rate, but we do see posts reporting issues.  You might try transcoding to an all i-frame format like prores or a more windows friendly format, the names of which escape me at the moment...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. With current versions of OBS the only way to get constant frame rate (CFR) is to record with lossless quality. The more compressed settings all use VFR.

Unfortunately, if one records CFR using the lossless quality setting, Premiere Pro will not read that file unless one also installs the Ut Video codec, since the Ut Video codec that OBS uses for lossless recordings is not natively supported by Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ThanksRjL...  great info

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines