• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere is Exporting using Proxies instead of Original Media. Please Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am editing 4K 10bit footage using low quality proxies. I have gone through the correct process to create proxies and have edited being able to toggle between the proxies and original media.

I have attempted to export and it is exporting out a quality that is extremely lower than the original media. It is displaying the same quality as the proxies in the exported file. There is an obvious difference between the proxies and the original media and the original media files are of a much higher quality than what is coming out in the export.

I am exporting using Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate. I have the Use Porxies option unchecked, but still it is not working. The proxies are all properly attached and I have been able to toggle between the two, so I am completely lost as to what could possibly be causing this. 

Please help as I am under a deadline and need this issue fixed as fast as possible.

Images below include my export settings, the sequence settings, and also three images of one particular shot (the original media file, the proxy, and the export). As you can see the proxy quality introduces banding on the wall to the right of frame, which is present in the export - but not present in the original file.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try turning off hardware encoding and do a short test (set in to out), also might try bumping up the bitrate. Mine default to 2000 Mbs with High Quality 1080 HD selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have all my proxies in a seperate folder, if you have similar, try renaming that folder (in the OS) so PP won't see them. Or get them out of there somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a test just taking the individual clip seen in the images posted, starting a new project with it - with no proxies and exporting. It still exported with that odd banding that isn't present in the original file. So now I'm trying to figure out if it's something to do with my export settings.

I tried switch from hardware encoding to software encoding. Raising the bitrate to its max, and a few other things just to see. But it still exports with the banding. Is there anything else you know of that might cause Premiere to lower the quality like this on export? I thought it was exporting proxies because the quality that is coming out is that of the proxies. But even with no proxies it seems to be producing this quality.

It's really strange, because I did another video last week with this exact same workflow and had no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a short clip with ProRes export, see how that goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes dimishes the banding quite a bit, but I don't think I can deliver to the client in that format unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run it thru Shutter Encoder or even Media Encoder to create an h.264 from the ProRes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shutter Encoder, excellence... you can use an Intermediate file, (some flavor of ProRes, DnxHd, Cineform) and then create deliverables using Media Encoder or ShutterEncoder which I find very useful.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines