• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere keeps doubling my video in the program monitor and messing with the color??

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a picture of what's happening: 

RDT_20211121_1016398378872424669340674.jpg

I've literally spent about six hours trying to fix this and nothing has worked. This video is an mp4 but it was originally an mkv and I had to convert it. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it, because all other mp4 files work fine. Other than that, I can't figure out what else might be causing this. Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this clip is Stereoscopic - Side by Side.  In a Sterescopic - Side by Side workflows, all of your source clips would be Stereoscopic - Side by Side and your Sequence Settings would be set to Stereoscopic - Side by Side,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren's probably right (as usual) and if he is,  the solution would be to scale up this clip in the timeline so one side fills the frame.  Probably not gonna be the best quality...   Might tell us the source pixel dimensions and your sequence pixel dimensions...  I suppose there might be something wrong in your workflow converting the mkv file which for some reason or other thinks you want a side by side file...  since I've never had to work with an mkv file, I don't have any clues...  but you might try dropping the original mkv file in to mediainfo 

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download  

and see if there's any indication of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm still pretty new to Premiere and video editing, so how do you figure out what the source pixel dimensions and my sequence pixel dimensions are?

I also tried to scale up the clip so that one side fills the frame, but it, unsurprisingly, doesn't fit into a 1920x1080 frame very well wiithout parts of it getting cut off, and also, the color is still isn't aligned to where it's supposed to be.

Premiere Problem 3.JPG

And I did drop my file into MediaInfo, as you suggested, and this is what came up:

Premiere Problem 2.JPG

I have...no idea what most of this means, lol. I don't suppose any of this makes any sense to you? (or anyone else here on the forum!) Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might help if you told us where you got the file from.   And you dropped the mkv file into mediainfo?    You might try distorting the file so the it fills the 1080 frame.   with the clip selected in the timeline, go to effects controls and turn off uniform scale so you can distort one side of the source frame to fill the frame.  Make sense?  Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.08.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.10.33 PM.png

You can also select the clip in the project or in the timeline and right click (or control click) and choose properties and tell us what the pixel aspect ratio is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so...I don't know what the heck happened, but the clip is totally fine now? I didn't even touch it or anything since I read your first comment. Weird!

Thanks again for your help though, I really appreciated it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines