Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere makes my black and white pngs see through

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't really know how to explain it well so I will show you. I am trying to put up this black character on a white adjustment layer. Now when I do this, for some reason the character is see through instead of being fully black and I don't know why. The resolution is 780x420. Blending is normal, opacity is 100% and the original images from which the character is assembled are fully black also. I don't know what to change to make it work.

Snímek obrazovky (117).pngSnímek obrazovky (116).png

If you don't know what I mean look at the arms in the first picture and his mouth in the second. While some parts are fully black, some are see-through and it makes this weird shape.

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't always tell from the pictures uploaded here, but it looks like the body is the lighter color also, but just no black to compare it to. Same with the lips, it's mostly the 'see thru' color with a little black. Sort of like anti-aliasing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a white color matte instead of an AL

See how that goes.

On a side note, the resolution of the image is very low.

What are your sequence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also just try altering the contrast of the figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines