Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere/Media Encoder dropping bits of audio after rendering

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I've been working on some projects for different clients, and when I finish rendering a video using media encoder, or Premiere's built in renderer, some of the audio clips are missing from the finished video. I've rendered multiple times and it's always different parts of the video that are missing audio (all in the same track). 

I've tried creating new projects/sequences, clearing the cache, using different render settings (from h.264 to Quicktime, Pro-Res, etc..) changing my renderer (software only/CUDA), reverting back to old versions of Premiere, amongst other trouble shooting ideas. The ONLY thing that I've found that fixes it is changing the clip speed from 100% to 99.9%. This is obviously not ideal, as I have to go back and make sure that audio clips line up/get rid of dead spaces.

Here's my PC specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm editing clips that vary in specifications, some 1080x1920, 3840x2160 and make sure that the sequence settings match the raw footage, including frame rates etc.

Premiere Versions 22.4 and 22.5 both render the same result.

Media Encoder version 22.6

Any Ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about this problem. Can you tell us if the footage is a constant frame rate or a variable frame rate?

If it's a variable frame rate you may want to convert it to a constant frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thanks for getting back to me ! Sorry for the delay in response but I was just able to check and the frame rate is in fact variable. Do you know of any workaround that doesn't involve me converting all of my files? (working with a lot of files and it would seriously slow me down). Thanks again for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines