• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere not recognizing timecode from Sony FX3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having issues with Premiere not recognizing timecode from the Sony FX3 when using the VMC-BNCM1 timecode adaptor with the new firmware? Sony Catalyst Browse sees the TC just fine, as does Resolve I've heard, but Premiere starts each clip at 0.  Has anyone found a workaround or is Adobe planning a fix?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ckbknyc,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please try these steps & check if it's working properly.

• Right-click on the media in the Project panel & select Modify > Timecode
  • If the Timecode is set to Alternate Timecode, switch it to Original Timecode
    SumeetKumarChoubey_1-1661544092235.png

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, no that doesnt fix the problem. The Original Timecode is set to 00:00:00:00 by default. I tried different methods importing FX3-Footage. I tried the new import tab, the media browser and the drag and drop method. the timecode is always set to 00. It doesnt have to do anything with the adapter since i dont't use it. Premiere seems to be unable to read the tc of the fx3 properly... I'm on a mac. Premiere Version 23.0.0 (Build 63). If I import the same clips into LTCconvert or Tentacle Sync Studio, both read the timecode just fine. It has to be a bug of the new version since I used timecode syncing on premiere before with my fx3. thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, same here! DaVinci Resolve does get de TC right at the import, so I synchronise my clip in Resolve and sent a XML in premiere. I'm still on the 2021 version of Premiere so it's woringin to see that it's still not fix in the newer version. Hope Adobe fix this some day soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, you have to update to the newest Premiere version. That fixes the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wich version are you on? Having the same issues right now, and belive I´m on the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, same here. I'm not using the new adapter but Premiere doesnt read tc anyway from the fx3. So I guess it's not the adapter. The strange thing is, if you turn off log shooting, which was introduced with Ver 2.00 of the FX3, premiere can read the timecode again. Strangely every other software i tested (Davinci, FCPX, Tentacle and more) can read the Timecode just fine, no matter if Log Shooting is on or off. Please fix this Adobe. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you guys using LTC timecode? premiere doesn't support that. you'd have to convert it to SMPTE timecode first with resolve or some other tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I use normal file tc, no ltc. Every other software i tried (fcp, davinci, ltcconvert, tentaclesync, catalyst) recognizes it, except Adobe.... I guess we need to wait for a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines