• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere only exporting 0kb (zero bytes) OMF

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro on an M1 iMac and it's been working just fine. About 4 days ago, I tried to export an OMF for final mix but all I get are unusable zero-byte-sized files since then. I tried clearing software preferences and reinstalling Premiere Pro, none of that worked. What could be the cause and possible SOLUTION for this?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues too, do you have any answer for this problem buddy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific project/sequence or all of them?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all projects have same issue. Lets say, I copied my sequence to new project, perhaps that can be exported the omf. But still the same, it didn't work. Running it on rosetta2 mode, the grayed out AAF option on export is come out. But when I export omf, still dont have progress bar. And the file size still 0kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I reverted back to PP 22.00 and it works, this needs to be fixed in a patch asap this is a major work flow issue!!!!! COME ON ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily 22.4 projects are compatible with Premiere 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, but it's riddiculous to have to revert 4 versions to be able to use it.

this needs a stable solution fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every day I check for an update and am shocked they havn't fixed this. This is a project killing bug. Absolutely shocking and a huge pain in the ass for anyone trying to deliver sound for mixes. This is why I have switched to resolve for every client possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues. Come on Adobe! Getting closer to not using adobe suite anymore. This is so unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. And it's happening across all projects @Sumeet Kumar Choubey . Worst of it: I've exported yesterday in one project and it went just well - 430,800 kb OMF file - and today if I repeat the process it just spits out an 0kbs OMF. Nothing changed from yesterday to today....so what's the problem here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up ! Come on Adobe, it's very important !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work on my M1 either. The only workaround to stay on current software is the open the project in Audition. Then make the OMF out of there. However even that has problems. First if you have multiple timelines the process of selecting the correct one is almost random. The titles don't match the content. So I delete all but whatever I need to make the OMF from. The real problem is if you used the "remix," function form Essential Audio. If you do, the OMF may not match the timeline. The fix for that is to render and replace all the "remixed," tracks so that all the Adobe stuff had no choice but to use the correct stuff.  All in all, this is really frustrating and sloppy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Yes ! The "remix" function doesn't work on the omf. This is a another problem that I haven't yet dered to mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has seemingly struggled with the M1 and audio export from the very beginning.  My mixer prefers AAF files and that has never worked with the M1.  I used to be able to open the project in the Intel version of the software and the AAF export option would be there but that doesn't work anymore either.  I have gone through trouble shooting with Adobe multiple times and their best advice is "drop back to a version that works and maybe we'll fix it on the next rev."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent upgrade (22.5.0 build 62) seems to have restored the functionality of OMF export as well as opening the Intel version of software and exporting an AAF.  I cannot verify that the problem with "remix," has been addressed but at least the OMF/AAF export functions work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm, OMF exports work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact this thread is from May and its August and im still experiencing this issue! Cmon Adobe. Do better pls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same yesterday. Appeared my SSD that holds all projects & footage was completely full without me noticing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have same problem, pls can you advice? When i export movie, finally file have zero bytes.

Thank for your help

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this issue with a project. I was exporting it directly to Google Drive from Adobe Premiere (beta). After multiple attempts I used the Media Encoder and that seemed to have no issues exporting so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines