40gb ram

Gpu Gtx1060 6gb

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is not just another bit of the CPU, but a separate system. Premiere uses the GPU for the effects on the "Acclerated Effects List" ... which is mostly things like color corrections, Warp stabilizer, that sort of thing, and for major resizing. It doesn't use the GPU for general playback or encoding very much.

So ... did you have any GPU accelerated items involved? And what's the media involved?

It does now use the GPU for some help with H.264/5 encoding/decoding I think under certain circumstances. I'm not sure what those are though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pablo, It only uses what it needs to use. There is a list of GPU accelerated effects if you want to see it a quick search should find it. It does work when changing frame size so you might want to try taking a UHD clip and export to say... HD. You should see your GPU fire up when doing such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines