• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Out of Sync with Program Window after System Reboot

Contributor ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system was working great for 131 days straight and then I powered down the workstation for a planned power outage. When I powered back up, the right hand full screen display monitor is 180 degrees out of synch with the Premiere program window now. It shows the desktop when Premiere is up and it shows the program content when Premiere is minimized.

After Effects works fine and uses the 2nd monitor like it should.

How to fix this?

https://youtu.be/JNdvEWJ2CKE

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

I solved it myself. I had the thought that maybe preferences file got corrupted. So I deleted it. Restarted Premiere and set up the monitor again and now it works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the problem arose because on reboot, Windows 10 reassigned monitor IDs... my main display USED to be display #1 and my full screen video monitor was Display #2.

Now it's reversed.. main display is #2 and full screen output display is #1. I tried switching off the right hand display and that renumbered the main display to #1, but as soon as I switch the 2nd monitor on, it steals #1's ID again. When it's like that, Adobe Premiere can't display output on the 2nd monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this  is resolved, is there a way to make the little program monitor full screen on the second monitor? the ~ key won't make it fill the screen.

I editing some footage today on that little display and finished the edit only to find out the footage was out of focus because the little monitor can't show that level of detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it myself. I had the thought that maybe preferences file got corrupted. So I deleted it. Restarted Premiere and set up the monitor again and now it works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines