Premiere playback stuttering since Windows 10 Update, strange GPU peaks

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since my last Windows 10 update, the playback in Premiere is rather choppy, subtle but nerve-racking. I tried to do some troubleshooting and found that my GPU (RTX 3070) does some strange peaking while playing back in Premiere (see picture). It goes from around 5% to 25% in the 3D window in a loop. The rythm fits the choppiness in playback. 

Windows, Premiere and GPU drivers are up to date.

Audio Hardware problems were not the issue.

How would you go about this without reinstalling?

If reinstall, what first?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi timh6754986,

Thanks for writing in.

Is it the Game Ready driver or the Studio driver that you're using? I'd suggest using the latest version of the Studio driver. Also, what are the rest of the system specifications (CPU, RAM, OS version) and details of the media (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer.

Using the latest version of the Studio Driver.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

RAM: 64 GB

Media details are not the issue i guess, because i've tried different files from different cameras, different resolutions, framerates etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines