• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.8 Randomly Freezes Entire PC

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure why this just started happening but I'll have any Premiere project open, maybe do a bit of work and randomly it'll freeze my entire PC, preventing me from opening Task Manager to close anything. Unfortunately, experienced 4 freezes in the past 2 hours, even tried reinstalling and still experiencing the issue.

PC specs:

iBuyPower PC

- Windows 10 Home 64bit

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K

- 16GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD+1TB SSD

- GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

If you have an Nvidia card, change your driver, probably rolling back to an earlier Studio driver version. The latest Nvidia driver and perhaps especially on the Game Ready driver group is a potential cause here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true for me, I have an RTX 2060. I found a temporary solution, in video rendering and playback, disable GPU acceleration (CUDA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Nvidia card, change your driver, probably rolling back to an earlier Studio driver version. The latest Nvidia driver and perhaps especially on the Game Ready driver group is a potential cause here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, have just fixed my problem, switching to Studio-ready did the trick!

I cannot thank you enough as it has been causing me severe stress and anxiety for the past week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I am having the same issues. I updated my driver to the most recent Studio driver. Will you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER, and it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for you for all these replies. I'll try the Studio driver. I just finished a new build and was worried I was having major issues with my hardware. I'm getting freezing during every Premiere session on brand new parts:

RTX 3080

Intel 10850k

64GB DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stuff is ridiculous completely crashing my computer...

i 7700k

twin 960 evo nvme ssd's

860 ssd for cache files. 

gtx 1050ti

I was running fine months ago now it's crashing on both drivers. 

Bad QC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit to my other post...

I rolled back to a pre rtx studio driver

I also rolled back to premiere pro 14.5 and media encoder 14.5.

it exported via media encoder with no issues!! Try that other people having issues. 

Go back to RTX Studio drivers and premiere! The good old days of not having any issues exporting

Hope this helps someone. It was driving me absolutely bonkers. I knew it was time to rebuild my pc but man that was so stressful. It crashed when i was done editting a video and for some reason didnt save all my edits! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines