• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.1 - Musical note button for closed captions removed?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Very excited for the Premiere Pro 15 version and the updates on creating captions. Was the musical note button removed? Or where could I activate it?

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same thing.  You can find that note character on Macs using the System Prefs > Keyboard > Show Emoji and symbols.  Copy and paste.

There's a key combo for Windows, too, and you can find it in a web search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, appreciate your reply. 

I noticed that option after googling, however on my Premiere the emoji doesn't show up in the video only the caption box, attached a screenshot, could be another issue at the moment.

Ideally I'm looking to use the musical note icon as opposed to an emoji. 

All the best, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, sorry for my way tardy reply.  This forum has stopped sending me notifications to the posts on which I clicked the Send Notifications button.  I've been experiencing several issues with the forum that didn't exist before.  Progress, right?

I use that note symbol on my captions, and it works with any of these in the image I attached.  See that I searched the window for "note," and those symbols show up in the search results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Trying to insert musical note into text field, with very standard fonts like Helvetica and Ariel, and just getting the boxes that indicate missing font data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested on Win 10 with PR 15.4.1. Using Arial and Minion Pro, alt 13 adds a single note,whether editing in the text panel or the Program Monitor. Note appears in both pkaces; no box.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, and can't find the equavalent of those handy alt codes, but the character and emoji viewer double-clcik method works in every other Mac program to insert text, but not on Premiere.  Multiple attempts made after restarts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Stan, alt 13 worked for me on a pc. I am sure there is an equivelant code on the mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines