• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.2 won't open in Big Sur 11.3.1

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Big Sur 11.3.1 Premiere Pro 15.2 opens projects but just has the spinning beach ball and doesn't show media on the timeline. Only solution is to make new project and import old project. It works then but saving and reopening has the same issue. Resolve is looking better and better!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi digibob57,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please try these steps & check if it's working properly.

• Create a new project (File > New > Project)
  • Navigate to Windows > Workspaces > Editing
  • Window > Workspaces > uncheck Import Workspace from Project
  • File > Import, navigate to the original project file & import it
  • Once the project is imported save this new project & check if it's working properly.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on 2 different MacBook Pros. Premiere will work fine for a short time then suddenly, the app will just pass the splash screen but not completely load the media in the timeline and all I get is the spinning pinwheel. The only way out is to force quite Premiere. It doesn't matter what I do from that point on, the app simply will not open. I can open the exact same project on my Windows PC and have zero issues. Clearly something is not being addressed with Premiere in Big Sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since over a week. Please look into this and provide a fix. Also Mac OS Big Sur and Premiere 15.2. 

Work around is tedious and time consuming. I have a business to run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I misspoke I have the latest version 15.4.1 installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Are you getting any error when the application fails to launch? Please take a look at this article for help: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Let us know if it brings any change.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines