• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.4.1 & Apple M1 Chip glitching on export

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, im brand new to PP and ive just updated to the MBP M1 Chip. I've followed some youtube videos for better export settings but no matter what i do, my footage is being exported with a digital glitch throughout random points in the video and im completely stuck. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? or even help me out with optimum export settings (if im doing that wrong).

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep!! Almost every m1 user is having the same issue.  If you revert back to version 15.0 or 15.2, it will fix the issue for now.  

I'm just going around telling everyone this, since Adobe will not address the fact that they broke the entire playback/exporting process for M1 Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, theres no information on this what so ever. Thanks so much.

To add insult to injury, i cant copy and paste my footage or open the project in an older version, so its looking like 

i have to start the whole video again 😩

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the trouble. Can you try running the application in Rosetta mode?? 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of Rosetta and done a bit of reading but not a clue about how it works or even where to get it from. Sad thing is, im not even an apple novice, just no idea whats going on haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer to this link for Rosetta mode: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Or transcode your videos to ProRes

Let us know how it goes.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I am having issues using my wireless mouse when using Rosetta. The mouse works fine when not running on Rosetta. Any advice on the wireless mouse issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nick,

Sorry. I am not sure what's up with Rosetta. I can see if it's a bug but may need some time to research. Beta is available in the Creative Cloud app. Look on the left side for a "beaker" icon and click it. You'll then see the Beta apps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I searched for any bugs related to your mouse issue. I could not see anything. Can you see if the mouse manufacturer might have an updated driver or patch available for Rosetta? Sorry that I could not find an immediate solution. You can also work with our staff on that here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated. I work full-time as a videographer and 9 out of 10 videos export glitchy on my M1 Max chip. It only happens in the export. What the heck? I'm DYING for a real solution. See attached screen grab for reference of the glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellow struggling Adobe users! I've been trying to figure out a solution to this problem for weeks now as i'm approaching some deadlines, and it has been hell with this export/glitch problem. I tried so many different things, installing older version (which wont open my new project), tried Premiere (Beta) and no luck with that either. I tried many different export configurations and rendered the same clip about a hundred times and the problem persisted. I was looking into my project and the spots where it's glitching and found out that anytime I have any effects or changed the speed of my video, it's exporting with those problems. For example I slowed down the video and then used a fade in and out with two different clips on top of one another, and for some reason, the render can't handle all those combined! I tried exporting the clip itself without being slowed down, and it had no glitch!! But that's still a problem because I can't use it that way 😞 

Now i'm back on here and seeing that the problem still persists and no solution. I give up. I'm going to switch to a new editing software from now on and cancel Adobe. It's so frustrating that they don't even comment or do anything about complaints and premiere continues to always have bugs. Paying to just be constantly angry! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give up! I finally found the solution! I don't know why no one is talking about it, but here's what you do:

STEP 1

Open your terminal app and copy/paste this line and click Enter to download Rosetta 2 (which helps M1 computers open intel programs):

softwareupdate --install-rosetta

STEP 2

Then right click > get info > check the box that says "open with Rosetta." Here's a link with more info:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Once you do that, you should be good to go. It takes much longer to export, but I haven't seen any more glitches.

Let me know if this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I forgot to mention, but I also tried that and unfortunately the problem for my glitchy exports remained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!

I finally got my sequence to export without glitches. Not sure why it took this long to figure out such a simple fix, at least for me. On your creative cloud app, go to all apps/installed apps. Locate Premiere Pro. Next to the open tab click on the three dots and the drop menu shows up. Click on the (Open Intel) Voila! It only worked if you open it from the creative cloud following the steps I mentioned. It worked for me and I hope it does for others too. I'm still dissapointed in Adobe for all this hassle! Make sure that you have Rosetta 2 installed on your mac, which newer ones come with it pre-installed, or if you open a program that needs it for the first time, you get a prompt to install it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the intel version on M1 Max still resulted in export glitches for me. The occasional export attempt would work on M1 and intel versions but with no consistency. Each project needs 3-4 exports before one works without issues. Please update us on this fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this works for you, but it worked for me: When exporting your video, check the box that says "render at maximum depth", for the bitrate settings, set to "VBR, 2 pass", and check the box that says "Use Maximum Render Quality".  No more glitches for me. Now if someone could tell me how to fix the horrible lag that is happening in my timeline on my M1 Mac, that would be great. Not a lot of input from Adobe on this growing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my M1 Max a week ago while work was coming in. First project with very easy 1080P h.264 footage is glitching. Also glitching randomly like people are saying making it harder toevaluate possible fixes. I've gone back and forth on Premeire versions. I've tried - "Open (Intel)", "Open using Rosetta", This hasn't been succesful. Adobe please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davey,

Sorry! Can you try the newest beta build, which came out this week? It's version 22.4. It may have the fixes that address this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm new to PP and wondering if you could provide a link to the newest beta build you are referring to or if you could let me know where I could find it on the cloud?

Thanks,

Nick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't matter which link it is. Still not fixed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines