• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.4.1 can't see Blackmagic UltraStudio Monitor 3G (M1 Mac Mini)

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Mini M1, I've got the latest Premiere build (15.4.1), the latest Big Sur (11.5.2), the latest BlackMagic Desktop Video software (12.1) BUT Premiere cannot see my UltraStudio Monitor 3G as a video device. It sees it as an Audio Device (!?!?!?) but it's not even listed in the video device playback window.

It works perfectly with Resolve, AfterEffects - but not Premiere! Help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an article talking about the BlackMagic drivers and how Big Sur security settings can affect them, perhaps this is relevant to your situation:

https://blueframetechnology.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/35000173564-installing-blackmag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I've gone through all these steps already - like I said, it works perfectly in every program other than Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Premiere Pro beta yet? Looks like the latest non-beta version of Premiere is not supported.

From the BlackMagic site: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/d99c3a1740b546f094ffbb30ddf1f4c1

Third Party Software Support

M1 Macs:

• DaVinci Resolve 17.
  • Fusion 17.
  • Apple Final Cut Pro X.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 beta.
  • Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I'll have to roll back to an earlier Premiere and/or Premiere Beta (22.0 is a no-no too!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have installed Premiere Pro 14.9, 15.4.1 and the Beta 22.0.0

None of them even detect the UltraStudio Monitor conected via Thunderbolt 3 to the machine and on the HDMI #2 port of my BenQ monitor, yet when I launch Davinci Resolve it sees it immediately.

My machine (mac) has an intel xeon w processor, so my issue is not related to M1 chips. When I first purchased the BM UltraStudio back in June 2021 both Premiere and After Effects were able to detect it, I don't remember which version I had installed back then, but it was in the 14/15 range.

Either BlackMagic is making it harder for the competition (highly unlikely since the software version is the same since may 2021) or Adobe broke something on the newer releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I have 14.8 installed, not 14.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue... Premiere sees the Ultrastudio when using 15.2, but not with 15.4, although the audio output is detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this same issue using the latest silicon Mac M1 and Premiere Pro build 15.4.1 in one of my edit suites. One temporary workaround until Adobe fixes this that has worked for me is to go to your Adobe CC account app and select the right selection click button on Premiere Pro beneath your installed apps. Select OPEN INTEL in the right button selector. I've found using the Intel version at least allows UltraStudio 4K Mini to show up as a selectable Playback and input device on the M1. The silicon version it appears still has bugs to be worked out. On another Intel Mac I have, it works just fine still as well. Hopefully this helps. At least to get Adobe diplaying and capturing on a system correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the trouble. We'll get it checked.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i have same problem.

Mac Mini M1, Big Sur 11.6 I have ultrastudio monitor 3g. Want to work on Premier Pro.

Which version of software I have to install to all work it fine?

Premier beta 15/22, Video Desktop 12.0/12.1 ?

I thing I tried everything. Resolve works fine with Ultrastudio Monitor. Adobe Premie doesn’t recognize BM Ultrastudio monitor 3g, only as sound output.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the Black Magic release notes?

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/d99c3a1740b546f094ffbb30ddf1f4c1

Third Party Software Support

M1 Macs:

• DaVinci Resolve 17.
  • Fusion 17.
  • Apple Final Cut Pro X.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 beta.
  • Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have but which one is Premiere Pro 2020? ver. 15? 22? couse nither one is working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those release notes are from Black Magic. You might have better luck asking Black Magic. I personally don't use any Black Magic devices with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stating my results/solution with a similar issue.

Running a new Intel iMac with Monterey, Premiere 22 - trying to get SDI output on our Ultrastudio 3G running 12.2 drivers from BM.  We had a driver that worked - device showed up, worked 100% correctly in Resolve.  In Premiere - we had the audio device but not the video playback device.

After noticing that another machine of ours was working properly - we rolled back the Blackmagic Desktop video to version 12.1 - and everything worked correctly.

Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update, artau. The community appreciates you!

Later,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines