• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.4 Will not Load Projects on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open any project files in Premiere Pro 15.4. The loading bar freezes around 75% every time. I have tried all of the standard troubleshooting tips and nothing is working. However, I am able to open the project files as normal on a Mac with the same version of Premiere Pro. This issue isn't just on one computer, it is happening on every Windows computer I have with Premiere Pro 15.4 installed on it. I want to know if anyone else is having this same issue and if so what is the fix or when will the program be patched. I would appreciate your help.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Launch Pr from a shortcut (desktop, start menu, etc.)
  • When the main program window appears, and before you try to open *any* projects, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files. 
  • Close Pr. Reboot computer.
  • Launch Pr from a shortcut again and choose a project to open. Hopefully it will open as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem. The project file will not load if the computer is connected to the internet. I'm not sure what would cause this, but disconnecting from the internet seems to be a temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

If you successfully launch the project when not connected to the Internet, if you subsequently close the project, connect to the Internet, then re-open the project, does it work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works as you said, but you have to reconnect the media before you can close and re-eopen the project again with the internet connected. For some reason Premiere did not want to open a project with offline media. Once all of the media is online the project file opens normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a general thing for Adobe to fix. Jeff is showing the correct way to troubleshoot this on your computer. And yea, something like this is a royal pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines