• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 Audio Cuts Out

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having issues with audio tracks dropping in and out during playback both on the timeline and in preview window. Clips will play for a couple seconds and then the audio drops out, sometimes it comes hack, other times have to stop and start the clip only to have it happen again a few seconds later. On timeline one audio clip will drop while another continues to play. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Computer specs

Operating system: windows 10 pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel i9-7980 18 core

Motherboard: msi x299 gaming pro carbon

Memory: 64gb ddr4 3000

Graphics card: asus geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Ssd: samsung evo 7 pro 1tb

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 2tb

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by many reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sample rat

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea if this will apply to you but my problem with audio cut out occured on Windows whenever my footage was on external hard drive, which is almost always as it would be a nightmare to copy 500gb of material on the local disk everytime I want to edit. Turns out all I needed to do to solve the issue was to copy only ONE (lol) file from the whole disk to the local disk, and then the issue would stop. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Premeire Pro 2022. Same issue with audio cutting in and out in the sequence. PP defaults the project audio format to 48000 HZ - 32 bit flaoting point - stereo. 

Right-click on your audio clip within your sequence and choose Properties to see your clip and the project defaults.

My source audio is recorded at 48000 HZ - 24 bit - stereo. It will play no problem when editing with 1080p footage, but if I'm working in 4k, then the audio cuts out in the sequence (and also the preview window). I believe its a buffering issue since the source audio does not match the project default format. So to fix the problem I convert my audio files to 32 bit floating point. its actually really easy to do...

Simply right-click on your audio clip in your sequence and choose "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" and Audition will create an audio file that's set to 32 bit floating point, automatically replace the clip in the sequence, and add it to your project (the resulting file name will include "Audio Extracted"). At that point the audio should play fine. (you can confirm this by doing a SAVE AS in Audition and checking it's default settings)

To keep your files organized, I recommend going into Premeire preferences  (EDIT > PREFERENCES > AUDIO), and ticking the box that says to render Edit in Audition files to: "Next to original media files".

As for changing Premeire's default audio format... I haven't found where to make that happen. Sequence settings only allows you to choose a Sample rate, but not the bitrate. 

Hope this helps.

-James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just ran into this issue, but I am working with a lot of media via LucidLink (not stored locally). Changing the default I/0 Buffer Size to the maximum value (see screenshot) helped. Try this out.

Cheers and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for helping...  Could you start a new thread and describe your workflow and the pluses and minuses with LucidLink.  I'd be interested and I'm sure many others would also be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by many reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sample rate do not match clip settings.
  5. .mp3s or other highly compressed media is used instead of uncompressed .wav or .aif files.
  6. Complicated sequences may need audio to be rendered before playback: Sequence > Render Audio.

All cases on this thread are probably not related to the OP. It doesn't mean your case is not important. It is! However, we are locking this post as it is aging and contains old info.

Therefore, please create a new post with specific details about your situation, computer, hard drives, GPU, RAM amount, and media type and we will try and diagnose your issue. If you feel you have an audio bug or have a feature request, please reach out to the product team on User Voice.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines