• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2020 started to lag on all ends, upgraded to 2022, still lagging.

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro-2020 started to lag on all ends(Importing, during editing, trying to find effects/presets and export), upgraded to 2022 version, still the same issue.

To clarify:

Importing has taken longer than usual, even for 126mb MP3 file.

During editing, if I drag a clip to the timeline, it doesn't show itself until I press play on the preview - if I lengthen a frame hold from 1 frame to 5 sec, it doesn't show it has been lengthened until I play the preview. -  If I wanted to add text to the footage, it doesn't show I added text until I play the preview - If I wanted to add a camera blur to the background of my chroma key, it literally doesn't show the preset until I play and pause the preview.

When I press CRTL + M it takes maybe a minute or two, minimum to show export settings.

When exporting under my regular export settings and GPU rendering, it takes a lot longer than usual.

I don't know what's going on, but id love to solve this.

I added a video attachment to somewhat show the problems at hand.

AsmundurAri
TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...
Then try pressing Enter to render the timeline and turn the red line above the timeline to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines