Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO 2021 15.0 CONSTANTLY CRASHES AND CAUSES IMAC TO RESTART

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have an Imac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3,6 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

which I bought to be able to edit 4K footage. I've been editing in Premiere pro a documentary with proxy files, cache has been clean, I have 700GB of space in the computer but since I've updated the software to BIG SUR Premiere Pro has been crashing when it goes in playback mode and the computer shuts down and restarts on its own.  This is my full time job so this is a nightmare.  

I've also reorganized the Premiere project and made it lighter but nothing seems to work. It might be a Big Sur issue? 

Please help,

S

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I'm on a Mac (2015) running Big Sur 11.2.3. It seems to be an issue with every single app, not just Premiere. The problem also happens at random - I can be working for a couple of hours and then the computer freezes - I experience a hard crash - and the computer has to reboot. At this point, I'm up to 5-10 hard crashes a day.    

I've been on the phone with tech support for a full week now. I call numerous times a day and Customer Support informs me that my case has been escalated and that I need to be patient I should expect a call within the next couple of hours - it's been 3 days since my case was escalated and still no phone call. I believe it's time to switch back to FCP.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think its not particularly a Big Sur problem. Or at least it seems to be way more complicated than that.

I have the same problem starting to accur 3 days ago and it could have something to do with dynamic linking inside of the PR project? Im not sure but what i am sure about is that it is on big sur but not particularly a "big sur problem". Here is why:

1.) I have big sur (11.2.2) running for months and ive been working with different and complex PR projects of all sorts constantly without any problem at all. I updated my PR 1-2 weeks ago (from 15.2 to 15.41) and even than there was nothing at the beginning.

2.) Since i had to finish the project that continuously freezed to a mac (iMac Pro 2017) restart, i transfered the files to an ssd and worked from my Macbook Pro (2017) with big sur 11.2.2 and PR 15.4 and it worked perfectly.

So i think Big Sur 11.2.3 might add problems to it but this specific problem is not the culprit when it comes to the freeze-crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susanna, 

I even installed previous versions of Premiere and After Effects but I continue to experience hard crashes - so it appears to be an issue with the Big Sur OS. 

Not sure what to do here.  At the very least, I wish Adobe would uphold their promise and have an experienced technician look into the case and contact me instead of continuing to tell me to be patient and that the case has indeed been elevated and a technician will contact me in several hours  - the "hours" are turning into weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

yes, I'm pretty sure it's a Big Sur problem because every app takes ages to launch and even the most basic tasks are way too slow. Considering I paid almost 5k for this computer it seems surreal. 

I was able to clean up the premiere project I was working on (made it much lighter, deleted useless old sequences, matched all the clips' framerates, cleaned cache's files, took off all Fx from clips) and for now it hasn't crashed. 

The only certain thing I know is that my next feature film will not be edited on Premiere. I had too many issues and waisted hours of work trying to figure out why it crashes and takes 15 minutes to save. 

I hope the technician calls you, let me know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a Mac OS update. Let's hope it solves our problem!

finger crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Big Sur last week anbd I have the lastes version of Premiere (v15.2) and it still crashes the same way it did before. This is so disapointing and frustrating. It makes you avoid avery update possible. It feels like MacOS priorize the aesthetic to the functionality of their operative systems. If PC were any better I would change right away, but unfortunatelly, they are equaly horrible. 

For Adobe CC technitians, any update to solve these issues with Big Sur?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so bad that even Finder crushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running Catalina...just downloaded PP 2021 and it crashes at startup. No probles though with PP 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro can do some strange things to your computer. On the PC side Premeire Pro constantly made my CPU fan run at 3500 RPM. I resinstalled the OS and reinstalled the CC programs and it fixed the problem. I admit it could have been a Windows causing the problem and not Premeire Pro. I will also amdit even Avid, Resolve and Edius at times will require you to wipe and reload your whole system. That is NLE ediitng for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone solve this problem yet?  I'm having the same issue, a multicam project with proxies on a 2019 iMac i9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem didnt come back after i uninstalled everything i had installed from adobe by using the "Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" following the instrucions AND updating my mac to the latest version (11.5.2). After installing adobe again, i had no freezes or crashes (YET).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great info! Thanks. BUT....where is the Adobe "Cloud Cleaner Tool"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard about it somere here and had to google it. Its kind of complicated to use but at least its free.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nanat 

Has this fix still been working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. Terrible moments after last security update to Bigsur 11.6.1

Premiere pro 2021 vs22 keeps freezing, mostly when playing timeline. Nightmare, can't edit my tv Series, and I have an upcomming deadline. Any words Adobe?

Sincerely,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jungle,

I'm Kevin from support. I hope I can assist you with this issue. Sorry for the frustration. 

Have you tried deleting media cache? That is a good place to start troubleshooting on the Mac. Just choose File > Close All Projects, then Premiere Pro > Preferences > Media Cache. Choose to delete all Media Cache from the preferences. A second dialog box launches where you can choose to delete the cache (second choice).

Though not necessary, I can advise you to also delete preferences, especially after a major OS update. Just restart Premiere Pro. When relaunching Premiere Pro, press the Option key and a dialog box launches. Choose to delete preferences (note: you may lose some customization if you made any - be sure to sync settings in the Premiere Pro > <your account> menu prior to this operation in order to hold on to them).

Any words Adobe?

This is a user to user forum, jungle. Sorry that the Premiere Pro devs probably won't answer your call. You need to reach out to them via user voice. The Adobe folks here are likely, like me, in support. Hope to have helped you. If these steps do not assist you, please come back and let us know what's going on. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but my computer after freezing and reasting for 4 times, is not letting me loging in again, it reboots and try to launch but goes half way into the login screen then reboots again. 

I cant even boot it from an USB, its a disaster in my busiest time of the year and I have some information that needs to be backup from main Hard Drive.

Had a MacBook pro as well and it has already crashed twice after updating, I am going back on this one to previous version but my Imac is death and I am gonna have to pay someone to fix it.

Just dont mess with new versions of Premiere until they release atleast 2 updates.

Thought Premiere was a bit better lately but this basically push everything more towards to DaVinci Resolve, faster and cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines