Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 - Windows 10 Keeps Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been experiencing some severe freezing in Premiere Pro. It worked completely fine before until today. I didn't do anything new to it: I imported all my footage into my project and started to work on it, and suddenly it froze. There was no error message, it just froze and I had to force quit. 

I tried several times more and it did the same thing, after 1-5 minutes it just froze and I had to force quit. 

I have tried so many solutions but nothing seems to work. I tried rolling back my NVIDIA drivers, I've reinstalled Premiere several times, I've changed the playback to Mercury software, cleared media caché... etc. 

My PC is new and is custom built, here are the specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (Motherboard)

GeForce RTX 3070

1 TB Samsung 870 QVO

1TB Samsung 970 EVO

64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

What's weird is that I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I had no problem with Premiere or any other Adobe software. However I'm still not 100% sure whether it's a software problem, or hardware problem. 

Another thing to add is that I did a Windows update, but I can't really imagine that had to do with this, but you never know. I also did NVIDIA driver updates but as mentioned earlier, I did try previous versions of the drivers and still had no luck, making me think it's not a graphics card issue.

At this point I'm desperate, after four hours of trying without success.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happen to have some nested audio in the timeline: delete those and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no nested audios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>did NVIDIA driver updates

Are you using the default gaming driver, or the recommended studio driver?

-such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using the studio driver. I changed back and forth and it still freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention the adobe cleaner, did you use that?

Be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use the Adobe Cleaner, thanks for the tip, I will give it a go. 

I did make sure to reboot every time I uninstalled, installed or updated a drive. I must have restarted a dozen times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem with Premiere and After Effects. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I am also having the same problem with PremPro and AfterEffects. I have uninstalled and reinstalled older versions but I still am getting the freezing. Only started happening for me since update to 2022 😞
Any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines