• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 Won't Open

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 running in Windows 10 won't open. I get a flash of the opening small screen graphics and it goes away. Once it stayed on for hours and still didn't open. Closing it while the screen stayed on with Task manager didn't work.

A call to Dell tech support didn't help.

FWIW, I noticed that my project 105 seemed to be on when I closed my current project, 124, the last time I used the software, though I hadn't opened it that I recall . It is one of the projects with a link on my desktop. When I right-click on the Pr logo in my system screen 105 shows at the top of the list.

Often, after an attempt to open Premiere Pro, I get a file on my desktop with a .crash extension. Sometimes they take awhile to appear.

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the Studio Driver from NVIDA and was still unable to open Permiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening PP via a double-click on a project file? If so, try using the PP icon itself, to just open PP without a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the icon in the system tray. I also tried that 105 file when
right clicking on it. Neither worked.

David Berkedal, Pastor

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system tray is the little icons on right side of windows with the clock and the notification area. I don't know of adobe icons there? Maybe for Creative Cloud. 

You want to use the main windows menu, or an icon directly to the Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, thus you will be opening the program without a project. 

Here's the path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2021

In that folder double-click: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

We need to see if it works without your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the following message go through?
My mistake. I meant taskbar.
I double clicked on that file and got a message that said, "! This type of
file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
anyway? Keep Discard"
Should I go ahead and hit "Keep", or is that message a clue as to what
might be the problem?

After I sent it I got a message that said, "Delivery has failed to these
recipients or groups: Adobe Support Community Mailer (
noreply@mail.community.adobe.com) The recipient's mailbox is full and can't
accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact
the recipient directly.

--

David Berkedal, Pastor
[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I go ahead and hit "Keep" 

David Berkedal, Pastor

By @dberkedal

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why my subsequent efforts and questions aren't showing here, but FYI, the problem has been resolved. I was able to get help on the Adobe Chat and after trying a bunch of things I had tried that hadn't worked, he replaced some C++ files and then did a clean install. He said that the C++ files got corrupted over time and use and corrupted the Premiere Pro files. Everything seems to be working. Thank you for the ideas that got me going in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having a similar issue, but i try to launch it from creative cloud and it just never opens. no loading no nothing. Just doesnt even seem to be trying to open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines