Premiere Pro 2022 22.2 crashing every 2 to 14 minutes

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This version is for me crashing constantly to a point where it's impossible to work with it. My computer is up to date and is running hardware that is more than enough to run premiere.

Intel i9-10900K

64 GB ram DDR4 3200 MHz

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SUPRIM X 10G

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI

Windows 10 Home - 21H2 - 19044.1586

It's ludicrus that premiere don't work better, especially when running a computer that have enough power. Is there anything I can do or is it simply Adobe who done a wopsie?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm running 511.65 and that should be the latest. 

It's only a 1080p project so should be just fine with resources on the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media are you editing?

Did you try proxies?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/proxy-media.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I did notice that this only happen if I change position, opacity etc on a clip, image, text or other element while running the prewiev. I don't see any spikes in the recourses when this happen.

But as long I don't make changes to things while I'm playing the clip the program seems to run just fine. Not maybe a huge deal but it feels as if it's something I should be able to do? I'm sure that this habit have been there for a long time

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as long I don't make changes to things while I'm playing the clip the program seems to run just fine.

By @Fredrik-Uikikr

I've never tried editing while the timeline was playing. I'll have to try it when I'm at my editing computer.

I guess it's like the old joke about the patient telling the doctor, "It hurts when I do this..."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's a "simple" fix with just change a habit. Can narrow it down to nouicence and save more freaquently 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines