• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Audio cutting in and out after export

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!  I've been fighting this issue hard over the last 24 hours and I'm at a loss.  I have a simple 4 minute edit of 2.7k GoPro videos shot at 120 fps.  Everything looks and sounds great and renders fine on the timeline, but every time I export the audio cuts in and out on the final mp4. 

I've checked all of the sound levels and channels and nothing is muted.  The curious thing is that every time I export different parts of the sound go missing.  Sometimes it's just two seconds here and there, others an entire minute will be dead silent.  I've cleared my media cache.  Restarted my computer countless times.  All of my drivers are up to date.  I've played around with different export settings ranging from low bitrate, low framerate, to ridiculously high bitrates and different encoders.  I'd prefer to keep it with H.264 and AAC so it plays nice with YouTube.  Any ideas?  I've run out.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryanm87880867,

We're sorry to hear about this. In which media player are you playing the exported media? Also, have you tried importing the exported media in Premiere Pro & checked if the audio is playing properly in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  I usually use VLC, but I've tried to play the exported file on Windows Media Player and the Microsoft Movies App with the same result.  When I drop the exported file back into Premiere Pro it plays exactly like it does on the other media players, and the audio waveform shows exactly what I'm hearing which is the audio cutting in and out.  See attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference, here is what this looks like on the timeline prior to exporting.  It's a super simple edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which effects have been added to the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just simple transitions between clips and then I normalized it. That's it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas on this one?  I played around with the normalization.  I individually toggled around on the "fx volume" and "fx Channel Volume" for each clip.  No changes to the export file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new ideas?  I'm really stuck on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try transocding the camera original to prores.  You can then unlink and relink to the prores version...   h264 is a heavily conpressed mpeg format which may be causing the issue...  It's pretty amazing that you can throw almost any format at premiere, but sometimes when there are issues, it can make sense to work with a more robust format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea!  But it led to a new fun discovery.  I grabbed all of the originals and transcoded them to Prores 422.  Just to check I played them back in VLC and they have the exact same problem as the other exported media where the audio starts normally, completely cuts out, then comes back in.

Just to clarify, these are totally unedited videos.  Straight out of the camera, through the Media Encoder and now the audio is messed up.  The original files play fine, but apparently if I try to export anything the audio goes haywire.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro and the Media Encoder.  Everything is up to date.  My computer has loads of free disk space and RAM.  I'm baffled here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...  people have reported issues with gopro footage here but can remember anything similar.  any chance you can upload a file so I can see if I can figure out what the issue is.  Not sure if there are file size limits but you can always send me a direct message by clicking on my username at the beginning of this post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file?  Project file?  Original footage?  One of the exported files with bad audio?  All of the original files are pretty large (2-4 gigs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the original files if possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or just shoot a short clip with the go pro with exactly the same settings as the problematic files and send that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded one of the videos to my Google Drive (link below).  If you read further on you'll see that if I export the audio only, then drop that .wav back into the project it exports correctly.  But if you can identify something wrong with these files so I don't have to do that clunky work-around every time that would be fantastic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xy-O6YV5QuSSwPl-bYKz495eOw8vNS2J/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded one of the videos to my Google Drive (link below). 

By @ryanm87880867

Premiere Pro interprets that footage as 119,88 fps for me but according to MediaInfo it is constant framerate footage. Try right click on the file and choose Modify > Interpret Footage and set it to 120 fps. Make sure that the sequence you edit in is 120 fps as well instead of 119,88.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did it!  I went through and made each be interpretted as 120 fps and now the export matches what I see/hear on the timeline.  I'll keep this fix in mind for the future.

As a side note, I'm not sure there's a way to set the sequence settings to 120 fps.  I can't find a way to select anything higher than 119.88 (ref screenshot).  Regardless, you guys are amazing.  Thanks so much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the gopro may be constant frame rate but it's not a standard frame rate...  good to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note, I'm not sure there's a way to set the sequence settings to 120 fps.  I can't find a way to select anything higher than 119.88 (ref screenshot).  Regardless, you guys are amazing.  Thanks so much for the help.

By @ryanm87880867

Unfortunately you can´t but you can drag the clip from the Project panel to the New Item icon. This will create a new sequence @120 fps. Copy media/titles/etc from the old sequence into the new one and rock on from there.

Next time, interpret the footage first and then create the sequence that way. 🙂

Averdahl_0-1635798376773.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again just to clarify, I've exported using the Media Encoder and by going straight through Premiere Pro and the result is the same.  Which bits of audio are missing each time changes.  But every time it's missing some part of the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked all of the sound levels and channels and nothing is muted.  The curious thing is that every time I export different parts of the sound go missing.

By @ryanm87880867

I would try to render out just the audio using the settings below and import it just to see if the audio is missing in that file as well.

If the .wav file comes out correct, just mute the original audio on the timeline and put the .wav file on the timeline and export your H.264 to get the project finished. Try it and report back.

Averdahl_0-1635719972649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works.  After creating the .wav and dropping it back in the final product sounds great.  So I guess that's a good work-around.  It just seems super awkward.  Thanks for the help with FINALLY being able to finish this tiny project.  Hopefully this doesn't happen in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happy to check out the camera original..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works.  After creating the .wav and dropping it back in the final product sounds great. 

By @ryanm87880867

Great that it works, thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems with exporting the audio. I have never had any issues in the past and this time everything I'm exporting is cutting in and out. Is there a fix coming? Since obviously it's the version issue since it only happened when it updated to 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines