• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Audio cutting in and out after export

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!  I've been fighting this issue hard over the last 24 hours and I'm at a loss.  I have a simple 4 minute edit of 2.7k GoPro videos shot at 120 fps.  Everything looks and sounds great and renders fine on the timeline, but every time I export the audio cuts in and out on the final mp4. 

I've checked all of the sound levels and channels and nothing is muted.  The curious thing is that every time I export different parts of the sound go missing.  Sometimes it's just two seconds here and there, others an entire minute will be dead silent.  I've cleared my media cache.  Restarted my computer countless times.  All of my drivers are up to date.  I've played around with different export settings ranging from low bitrate, low framerate, to ridiculously high bitrates and different encoders.  I'd prefer to keep it with H.264 and AAC so it plays nice with YouTube.  Any ideas?  I've run out.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the frame rate of your sources as described earlier in this thread?  if it's an issue with variable frame rate sources, the problem appears inconsistently and unpredictably.  so the fact that it didn't happen before in the earlier version may not be meaningful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, my audio is cutting out after a few minutes.... Tried exporting and reimporting just the audio but the same problem occurs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Very frustrating.  I have been editing with Premiere for 20 years and this is something new.  Definitely a bug in your 2022 version that needs fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this once or twice when using Noise Reduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue Pr 22.0.0 (I can't update to the latest due to a bug with MAXON plugin).  Audio is fine in the timeline but at export random spots cut out.  Each export the 'cut out' audio moves to a different spot in the video.  But the curious part:  My Sony a7iii footage w/ shotgun mic is fine, the sfx are fine, the background music is fine...it's only the audio from my new DJI Mics giving me trouble.  Perhaps it's a compression issue at export?  IDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is the dji? If it isn't, convert to uncompressed aiff or was
to match your sequence settings. Professional video usually takes 48k
16bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wav not was... and always a good idea to make sure all audio matches
sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DJI mics are WAV.  I've never had this issue before because these mics are new to me...however i have used sfx and music that is WAV.  

Can you point me to a tutorial on how to best adjust the audio from WAV to whatever it needs to be to match the a7 audio?  I've attached a screen grab of the properties of both.  

Thank you so much for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your audio settings for the Sequence?. you can find this info in
Sequence settings. And the other audio properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a screen grab of the sequence settings and the properties of all 3 sources.  If you see something off please let me know.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a little too beat after a long day of work.  will revisit this in the morning and see if I can come up with anything...  My only inital thought is that I wonder whether the frame rate of the dji material is 59.94 while your sequence settings and the other sources are 23.976.  I'd try and export the dji material as 23.976 and see if that solves the problem.    Although Premiere is pretty amazing how it handles almost anything you throw at it, occasionally it chokes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 2022. having same issues. been using premier for last 7 months and it's only in the last month I have been having issues. I'm currently on my 5th export attempt Every export has different audio pieces missing!  trying every suggestion but to no avail. why is this bug not being fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a great fix for this on both Premiere and Media Encoder. 

Once you have your video ready to export or in media encoder, go to your control pannel (ctrl+alt+delete > Control Pannel)

then head to the details tab. Once there find whatever program you are using to export the vidoe and right click on it and click"set affinity"

Once you have done this you should see all the usabale cores in your pc. for instance for mine i have an intel i7 with 7 cores so i would have 1-7 listen but you may have more or less. Simply turn off a couple of the cores so the entire cpu isnt being used and then export away. You will need to do this every time you open up the program so keep that in mind 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE FIX

This bug drove me nuts but here's a simple solution that worked for me:

1.  When exporting your sequence from Premiere, use the "Send to Media Encoder" option on the lower right hand corner of the screen.
  2.  Process your video once and check if the audio cuts out. If it does, proceed to step 3.
  3.  Right-click on the file shown in the Queue panel within Adobe Media Encoder and select "Reset Status"
  4.  Process your video again and check if the audio is intact. If so, you're good to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its 2024 and I just ran into this problem, what fixed it for me was:

1. Restarting Premiere Pro.

2. Exporting it out of Adobe Media Encoder instead of straight out of premiere.

Not sure which one fixed it but I hope this helps anyone else with the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines