Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 CC: Audio Cuts Out After 5-Seconds Unless Rendered

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've been seeing this issue a lot but no one seems to have found an answer from what I've gathered. I'm having a truly excruciating problem with Premiere where every time I play footage back with audio (or even just a standalone audio track) it will cut out after five seconds of playback UNLESS I pre-render the clip/section. This truly makes working in Premiere nearly impossible considering I edit live music footage for a living and NEED to be able to play back sound in order to sync and work! I've been a long-time customer of Adobe but I'm almost at my wits end. How have they not addressed this yet? Seems to be going back to Premiere 2020...

Here are the specs of my computer and my footage. I know some of you might immediately say "you should be making proxies!" but, what's the point of spending thousands of dollars on hardware for my computer to handle running the raw footage when Premiere can't get their sh*t together to utilize it?

Hardware:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x 16-Core

Ram: 64GB

Graphics Card:  Asus GeForce RTX 2080ti

Footage:

3200x1800

23.976 fps

48000 Hz - Stereo

Color Space: Rec. 709

Sequence Settings:

Timebase: 23.976 frames/second

Frame Size: 3200x1800

Square Pixel (1.0)

No Fields (Progressive Scan)

23.976fps Timecode

Rec. 709

Sample Rate: 48000Hz

Display Format: Audio Samples

Preview File Format: I-Frame Only MPEG

Width: 1920

Height: 1080

Checked: Composite in Linear Color

I have a 2TB NVME SSD internally that my footage is stored in and I work off that drive. My renderer is Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acelleration (CUDA) and my scratch disks are same as project (the 2TB NVME SSD.)

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really? Nothing???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines