• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 CONSTANT CRASHING on export (on Windows IBM laptop)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently found that Premiere Pro is essentially unusable because it constantly crashes. Please can someone help.

Specifically, I have become unable to export a project and turn it into an mp4 file (using the h.264 option in the export window).

After processing less than 10 percent, the program ALWAYS crashes. I've tried things like resetting the cache and settings, but have found no solution.

I had few-to-no export problems before updating to 2022. But before updating, I would have crashes inside the program while working on a project.

I acknowledge that I am not particularly technically gifted. I am an amateur but enthusiastic user of Premiere Pro, rather than a professional, so please go step by step in any suggestions. I've never posted here before, but I'm at the end of my wits (and technical knowledge).

Here are my system specs, if that helps:
Device:  IBM Thinkpad
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help. I have a c: drive (Intel), capacity 235GB: 157GB used, 78.5GB free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need more free space and/or a larger drive.

Is that an SSD or HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure... It's the internal storage space on my laptop. I do have an external hard drive, and I've tried saving the mp4 file there, but it's the same problem: Premiere Pro just crashes after a couple of minutes and with less than 10% progress (it often barely gets to 2-3%...)

Again, I'm far from an expert, but it feels like a software problem; I've made similar size videos before, without such problems. Those are no longer on the laptop because I moved them to the external hard drive for storage. I also made more space on the laptop by deleting various programs and files (100s of MB's worth).

And still, Premiere Pro crashes.

Mnay thanks again for trying to help, and I'm all ears if you have any further suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to H.264 or HEVC? Go to Preferences > Media and deselect Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart).

Have a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this (and changing to the Software option), but it does not help. It was on this setting when the problems began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have?

What graphics driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BM,

Please provide a screenshot of the warning dialog box you get when your export fails. That can provide some clues.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out!!! I just changed the frame rate to 24fps and bitrate to 12-10 and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines